Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:39 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
i just burnt this game and it does exactuly as dc says gets upto the title screen then resets the dc ive tryed booting it with utopia v 1.1 but it just sits there and doesnt boot

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:11 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmmm well it was an unfinished game. Its like beta version. The game does have bugs in it. So it doesn't suprise me that its wigging out on some systems.
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:08 am
quote : #18
Type: Pal
Keva wrote:
i just burnt this game and it does exactuly as dc says gets upto the title screen then resets the dc ive tryed booting it with utopia v 1.1 but it just sits there and doesnt boot

You have Pal or NTSC Dreamcast?.

Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #19
Blast wrote:
Keva wrote:

You have Pal or NTSC Dreamcast?.

PAL

nightknigh
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #20
it definately wont boot up on PAL-Dcs... just dont spend too much of your time with it. its just not compatible with pal-dcs, only works on us-dcs. i've got some friends here in austria who have the same problems like all other PAL-DC owners: game is not startable, US-Dreamcast is needed to play. thats it, theres nothing you can do against this fact.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #21
ok so why dont you go into some detail to back up your theory? i get told a lot that games wont work on my pal dc and they do, i bet its to do with the model you get, there was a change to the hardware after about a year and a half effecting what games it played, i know, i bought a newer one and it wouldnt play half of the old pal games i had that worked fine on my previous system, anyway i will be downloading it as soon as i find a link to the page and will try it out on my PAL DC
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:37 pm
quote : #22
*me slaps himself in the head*

i think i know wot we need guys ............ there a thing out there that was ripped a few months ago by belokk called "system disk 2" what this disc will allow is
a retail dc to play beta games which i belive PBA is i dont have any cdrs atm so ill burn this disk when i can and it should work....

nightknigh
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:49 pm
quote : #23
ultrapro wrote:
ok so why dont you go into some detail to back up your theory? i get told a lot that games wont work on my pal dc and they do, i bet its to do with the model you get, there was a change to the hardware after about a year and a half effecting what games it played, i know, i bought a newer one and it wouldnt play half of the old pal games i had that worked fine on my previous system, anyway i will be downloading it as soon as i find a link to the page and will try it out on my PAL DC

lol do you think i just write silly crap in my posts if i dont know that its the truth?? just face reality, man Rolling Eyes ... why more detail? isnt more than 20 people with PAL-dcs and non working PBA Bowling 2001 enough reason to see that it simply doesnt work on pal-dc? and believe me, those are people who know much about videogames and stuff .....sry mate but i wouldnt have written this post if it wasnt the truth. do you know www.nexgam.net ? just browse to an old topic from the sega board in the forums... then you'll see all those guys who have tried it out and failed - some of them got US-dcs, and wonder oh wonder, it worked on them. so conclusion: pal-dc no, us-dc yes. jap-dc also no, coz i let a friend try. gotta check this out with this system disc though. gotta ask around.

ich weiß echt nicht, wieso will sich niemand damit abfinden, dass pba einfach nicht läuft auf pal-dcs? *gg* aber bitte, wenn leute wie der da unbedingt bandbreite mit einem spieledownload verschwenden wollen, solln sie das tun. alle die das machen und vorhaben das game dann auf ihrer PAL-dc zu zockn werdn sowieso auf die nase fliegen. so viel an unsere deutsche/österreichische/schweizer leser. lg aus mödling, südlich wien.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #24
whatever man i like to try things out for myself, anyway its not like it cost anything to download a file and burn it right? so chill man you just werent very specific but seemed very sure of yourself
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:19 pm
quote : #25
sure. just find a source. its not even a big one, i think about 100-150 megs? dont remember, coz i downloaded it once but never burned it on disc so i deleted it one day, also coz i wouldnt have had the chance to play it on my pal-dc anyway. please tell me if it works on your dc once you've got it.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:01 pm
quote : #26
if i find it man i spent last night searching and couldnt find dick, anyone got a link to a download site they can pm me?
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:36 am
quote : #27
let me say this....again Rolling Eyes ....nightknigh speaks the truth. it was found when it was first released that it did not work on PAL systems. The game had, inside the actual game, not just the thing so the DC can start reading the disc, a region lock the only allowed NTSC dc's to work. Now I never heard about the JP dc's not working, but it is for sure PAL doesn't. We eeven got grubensau witha mod-chip, and found that didn't have any effect either. If's thats not proof, well sorry.

Now, i never heard about this system disk 2 thing, but there is a good chance i can get it. If i find it, i'll see if Lordnikon will take it and put it up for download here. Then we can trey and see if that works.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:53 pm
quote : #28
yeah keva if you or nikon can host that beta thing that would be cool but i will still need a link to its download location, anyone??
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #29
you ain;t gonna find a download link for it. it doesn't work like that. You have to go in underground places to find it. some possible places to try are Kazaa or eMule, however i do not recommend those places. the best places are Hubs to go to with DC++ or to get torrents for bittorrent.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:39 pm
quote : #30
see this is what i am saying man, i know kazaa but hate it with a passion, the rest of what you said meant nothing to me, it needs to be in simpler terms man, like "go to this site, click this button, enter this typing and hey presto" cos torrents bitorrents and dc++ means diddly to me, and i wouldnt have the slightest clue how to find or use a hub