Topic: Homebrew games for the VMU?

Page 1 of 2
SirSolBadguy
banned!
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Can anyone send me to some pages that have downloadable VMU games. I just bought a couple CR2032 batteries for it, and would like to put it's handheld features to use. Tetris would rock on this thing.

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:26 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Actually, Tetris on VMU will make you blind, but that's another story.

Having a portable version of Tetris without paying maoney for, or carrying arounds a bulky GameBoy is great.

Problem is, I forgot where all of the VMU game sites are. I am moderately confident that you could find some by googling "Dreamcast VMU game downloads", as that is how I found them.

Besides Tetris, there is PacMan, some racers, some more puzzle games, a Mario game...

But really, all you need is Tetris.

SirSolBadguy
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:51 am
quote : #3
Lol ok thanks. Actually DCEmulation seems to have a vmu games section, which download fine using a pc, but on a dreamcast, planetweb browsers gives 404 errors, and the XDP browser seems to just stick at a loading state forever....

I also had a question. I noticed that the VMU is on, while plugged into the controller, and stays on for serveral minutes after powering off the dc. Is this draining battery life?...Well surely it is....

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:53 am
quote : #4
my site has a few in its links section, also Planet Web's dreamcast.planetweb.com page has a section for them ... I think thats the URL

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:09 pm
quote : #5
You want VMU Tetris?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE VMU TETRIS!!
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:20 pm
quote : #6
No kidding Very Happy VMU tetris had me in an uncomfortable crosseyed position after only 5 mins of playing it.

SirSolBadguy
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:32 pm
quote : #7
Oh boy! Now I've really gatta try it!

Shark_812
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:13 pm
quote : #8
best(in my opinion) sites with vmu mini games:

http://www.angelfire.com/me3/vmufan/
http://jeffma.51.net/vmgame/

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:18 pm
quote : #9
Wow, thanks a lot Shark! Very Happy That should keep me busy for awhile. Now if only the VMU's battery life wasn't so short... Sad

Shark_812
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #10
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Wow, thanks a lot Shark! Very Happy That should keep me busy for awhile. Now if only the VMU's battery life wasn't so short... Sad

lol, np Cool

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:05 pm
quote : #11
Dang, just as I predicted, my batteries went out, just as I was playing VMU pac-man. Even though it gave me an eye-strain, it was fun. Do you know of any more sites that offer a assortment of VMU games?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #12
Dark Slayer, the watch batteries, undeniably, are some of the slowest I've ever seen. If you have more than one VMU; or are willing to experiment with the VMU you have, you could try the VMU Battery Mod, which drastically increases the battery life of the thing. Check out Planetweb's site for some neat little VMU games/shitloads of VMU animations. (You can create your own using an animator)

Last edited by Tao on Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:35 pm
quote : #13
Whoa, thanks a lot! I have several VMU's so I'll at least give it a shot. Very Happy

Shark_812
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:49 pm
quote : #14
Tao wrote:
Dark Slayer, the watch batteries, undeniably, are some of the slowest I've ever seen. If you have more than one VMU; or are willing to experiment with the VMU you have, you could try the VMU Battery Mod, which drastically increases the battery life of the thing.

hey, ive been meaning to do this and i saw you post and it reminded me so i just got done makin mine......took me about an hour and 15 min.
Works Great!! Twisted Evil

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:32 pm
quote : #15
Alright, I got mine done and it's awesome. I just hope this doesn't start a bad habit of butchering up my other electronics... Confused