Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Warloq
rank 3
Posted:
Sat May 24, 2003 9:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
OK, I was playing PSO v2 online, in the lobby at Oberon 1... my DC started making noises like it was having trouble reading the disc, and then the disc stopped... I tried to exit the game and save but it froze as soon as I pressed quit game... so unfortunately I had to just turn the power off... ever since, I try to boot up a game and it gets to the DC logo screen and starts making noises like it's having trouble reading the disc, and it either goes to the system control panel screen with the VMU and system settings and stuff, or it just stays frozen at the logo... can anyone possibly help me?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat May 24, 2003 9:22 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wow man thats harsh. Does it do this with every game? or just PSO? I am gonna look into it soon as i wake up. You might have to replace your dreamcast. Which for PSO would mean a call to sega to reset your serial. What a mess. I'll help you in anyway i can.

Could be your dreamcast overheating, thats a definate possibility.

I sleep, and then i will wake up and do some searches....but something definatly sounds wrong about this.

-c-u when i wake up.

-lordnikon
Posted:
Sat May 24, 2003 1:09 pm
quote : #3
Does it with every game, and it also won't play music CDs... I think the laser burnt out or something... the worst part is though I don't even know if my PSO char is OK or not, I had a spread needle and delsaber's buster and I just got to level 50!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat May 24, 2003 6:46 pm
quote : #4
Man yea sounds like its burnt out man. maybe the drive or the laser.....something is shot on it. Do you have the cash to snag a new dreamcast? The cheapest you can get them for is $30.00 or so. Then to get back online with PSO you'll have to all sega and get the serial number reset. If you need help in tracking down a cheap dreamcast system, let me know, and i'll help.

-LordNikon
Posted:
Sat May 24, 2003 8:52 pm
quote : #5
OK, i get paid this thursday so I'm gonna get one at gamestop or something... thanks fer the help...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun May 25, 2003 12:23 am
quote : #6
yep Smile gamestop has them 30.00 mad cheap. I just picked up jet grind radio the other day for 7.99 at gamestop. And this one gamestop near me has a whjole backstockroom of dreamcasts....i am gonna buy 2 more jsut as backups. I mean 30.00 for a gaming system that can go online, surf the net, go on irc, check eaml, and has so many cheap games. Amazing that people sell it for that much. Guess only hardcore dreamcast gamers like us know how great the DC is.
Posted:
Sun May 25, 2003 11:14 am
quote : #7
yea all the DC games are really cheap now, I'm gonna get a bunch soon, I gotta get a light gun and House of the Dead 2 again too... I miss that game... I also gotta find Shenmue 2 and Skies of Arcadia... didn't get to play them yet...

kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:56 pm
quote : #8
yup for this reason and just cuz DC is the shit im gonna buy probably atleast 2 or 3 more Dreamcasts for backups.

Theokman
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:48 pm
quote : #9
shenmue 2 is a good game if you can find it. i have the european version of it and i got stuck in a room with stupid ai. i couldnt get out of it at all. ive been trying to find skies of arcadia but nobody sells it.
Posted:
Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:02 am
quote : #10
The same thing happened to my DC last December. It wouldn't read the disks and made grinding noises. I took the more expensive route though. I sent it back to Sega for repairs. I did this for a number of reasons, one, the repair is guarenteed, two, no need to reset serial numbers for PSO ( I told Sega I used it for PSO), three, when you buy used you might end up with someone elses problem system, and four, when Sega sent it back they sent all new wires, a new controller, and a Sega Smash Pack game.

"Goodness is the only investment that never fails" *Thoreau
Warloq
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:20 pm
quote : #11
OK well I got a used DC now... so how do I reset the serial number and whatnot?