Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Dreamer
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello!
Well i just recieved HeadHunter today, and i have a few urgent questions.

But before i ask, my Dreamcast needs to go to the shop, as the laser is burning, so some games either work, skip then freeze, then do not load, or do not load at all.

Ok, the Questions.

1. Would it be my laser or is there faults in the games, as at diifrent times (never the same, which makes it most probable that the game is not faulty), in the girls house, it jumps and the talking skips, but the picture still plays fine, and it does what i stated above?

2. Does this game have any faults with it? Ie, music jumping? As when i'm riding the Bike straight after the girls house going to Leila, it jumps.

I have not been past this, as the game simply freezes. This has been happening to alot of my other games, and so i think it is just my laser, But what do you guys think? Also remember that this happens to a lot of my other games too! I just want to know if it happens in this game. And it is annoying as i also got Rez, and LOL, you should hear my Dreamcast TRY to load that LOL!

Does it sound like a faulty laser to you? Thanks A Lot!!!

rens of heavens
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:50 pm
quote : #2
It happen to me in the mall level the srceen went black. Music not playing. going thown walls and disappering cars.
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:52 pm
quote : #3
Does your system freeze and skip consistently with other games too? That would be the real indicator of trouble with your DC.

If you're running a backup of Headhunter and have problems with just that game, then yeah, there's a good possibility you have a glitchy copy of it. I have a backup that runs glitch free, but a friend of mine has a couple of level sections in his that glitch badly. Large portions of the screen are black, and the sound clips some. That sounds similar to what your describing.

Anyway, if it's just Headhunter that's freaking out, get a hold of a good one, because it is one hell of a game - one of the finest examples of the DC at work. Also, for any of you with PS2s out there, the Headhunter sequel arrives in a couple of months. Too cool!

Jack is coming back!

NiktheGreek
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:50 pm
quote : #4
I've had a few problems, but those were software-induced crashes, unlike what you described. Sorry...
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #5
well my version is just the pal release one and its the dogs bollarks, no problems graphically, and i have a few games burned as well, while they arent headhunter its the same process used, therefore either the file corrupted as it was burned, or the file was corrupt from the download process, or the disc has a fault somewhere not noticeable to the naked eye, many of my games simply stop working after being sat in there cases on my shelf for months and the surface looks no different than it did before, some of my discs are in quite bad shape but work well, its just bad luck by the sounds of it
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:47 pm
quote : #6
i have a burned copy of the game but never had any problems as far as the gameplay is concern.the only thing i have a problem with mine is somewhere on the 2nd disc theres some fmv that i couldnt view or see all i see is a dark screen.but other than that its an awesome game.