Topic: halflife trouble

Page 1 of 2
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
just tried to use my burned halflife disc which i got back in october, i dont think i have used it since december now, it always gave me a couple of problems loading but it usually worked in the end. now i have come back to it it doesnt work at all, the disc just spins aimlessly for 5 mins and it stops. how can i get a new one? is there a specific site or something or can someone send me a copy? either the files via email or something, as i really love this game and am very ticked of that it wont start up again
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:25 pm
quote : #2
uh...download it, burn it, love it or hate it.
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:37 pm
quote : #3
oh that was so helpful, i think i'll magic a site onto my internet browser just from your golden advice!! does no one understand me when i say i dont know how or where to get these homebrew/downloadables from?? am i typing that unclearly? I DONT KNOW WHERE?HOW to burn them, i have nero burning rom so telling me to use other software that i have no clue where to find or how to get isnt any help. if someone has any helpful advice like say where to get the necessary software i need if i cant use nero to download and burn them please let me know?? and possibly where the actual games are available from??? is it so much to ask?

i just want to get a new copy of half life, a copy of pba and a copy of beats of rage. i dont care if i have to part with money i just wanna know how and where!!!!!!
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:39 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Alc. 120%: www.alcohol-software.com

This is what I use to burn games, and I've rarely had any problems with it.

-Mytho

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:23 pm
quote : #5
He doesn't need a program to burn, he needs a source to download the file. try searching kazaa for the game. Make sure it's in NRG format if your going to use nero to burn it. It might also be in a zip or rar file. Just extract them and burn da game.
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:25 pm
quote : #6
thanks mytho, i had a look at that and it looks really good and its quite cheap, so if i buy that package how do i then get the games and eventually burn them? i mean i really need sort of specifics. if any one knows where to get them and if the software mytho has suggested is compatible can they let me know. ta
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:50 pm
quote : #7
as stated before man UKRockers will be hosting all the Dreamcast leaked games on there download page...

only the leaked games ie half Life / PBA / and hopfuly if that guy on here is will to give me PA I will host that for everyone...

as regards to the HL prob mine works fine apart from the error msg I had when i did so much of the game without saving the game itself crashed and i pasted the error msg on DCE and some tramp of a admin locked the post....

PM me if you need any help with your HL
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:45 pm
quote : #8
That 'guy' your referring to DCUK, evilnine, was banned.

-Mytho

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:05 pm
quote : #9
HL is stupid hard to find, even on P2P networks. I have never, ever seen a copy of HL for the DreamCast on any P2P search so far. Even if a copy was to be found, imagine havine to download a ~500MB .rar file over P2P... it would take you days. P2P networks arn't known for their high data transfer speeds. Bit Torrent programs have enough adware to make your computer's head spin... if that were possible. Just a note to people who have it, got it from a friend, and don't know how hard it is to get a copy.

In other words, it would be nice to find a place to directly download a commercial image of HL for the DreamCast.

On a side note, related to downloading DC software, is Beats of Rage still giving people trouble with downloading? I know when the DC port was first available, it was nigh impossible to get a connection to their mirrors. I got lucky, and my third try was a success, and I ended up transferring almost ten copies via MSN messenger to people who couldn't download it normally. I wouldn't mind doing it again if anyone is still having trouble downloading it. It's a great game, and it's free to boot. Well, that's not entirely true, as you have to purchase a CDR to burn it on, but that's less than a buck where I live.

Frazzums
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:40 pm
quote : #10
there is a p2p out there that has it but... i cant say. i'm not in the mood toi get banned. also someone said where they got it on gamefaqs but thats all i will say.
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:30 pm
quote : #11
i dled half life wit 56k Very Happy lmfao!
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #12
Koda wrote:
i dled half life wit 56k :D lmfao!

Now thats persistance lol
Posted:
Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #13
ok i will have a look on kazaar but i have not had much luck on there before, also ukrdc when will ya be hosting the downloads on the site? and what format will they be in?? and this rar format i never heard of it, the whole burning games side of things is a mystery to me, i have only ever burned music cds and stuff so is there a site or something that gives like a guide on how to do it properly? thanks guys
Posted:
Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:13 pm
quote : #14
ultrapro wrote:
ok i will have a look on kazaar but i have not had much luck on there before, also ukrdc when will ya be hosting the downloads on the site? and what format will they be in?? and this rar format i never heard of it, the whole burning games side of things is a mystery to me, i have only ever burned music cds and stuff so is there a site or something that gives like a guide on how to do it properly? thanks guys

mIRC Xdcc/fserve
Posted:
Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:28 pm
quote : #15
ur what did that little bit of text mean? sorry but i dont know what thats for, i tried kazaar.co.uk and it just brings up a download box which i tried, it wanted me to pay for phone calls via the modem but i have broadband not 56k anymore so it didnt work and my pc crashed, i tried kazaar.com but it goes to something else called shareware online, it wont let me search for anything, everytime i click something it comes up with the credit card choices and i dont want to buy anything unless it has halflife and it will work for me, bummer, i hope you can put them up ukdc cos otherwise it looks im screwed.

*EDIT* right well i spent the last few hours of my life searching for halflife on the net and finally after enduring kazaa for a while (and deleting it cos its shit) i found a site on the net which actually hosts the download for everyone, not sure if this is allowed or not so if you want the address i will pm it to you, not sure if i can display it or not. thanks for the help guys¬!

and i just downloaded beats of rage! it rocks! now all i need is pba