Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
ganjaborg
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
http://storm-studios.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37

i'm italian, so maybe i did not understand well what is this for.
thx for explanation Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:00 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea that is source code for an online version of Super Famicast, a super nintendo emulator for the dreamcast. Will had started the emulator but eventually realized it was not something that particularly interested him as a programmer so he ceased production on it, and has now released what progress he made to the public.
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:45 am
quote : #3
are you the boss in here?
if yes, you should refresh then the list of dc online games soon.
hope so Wink
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:24 am
quote : #4
Why? What needs to be added to the list? I'm confused.
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:28 am
quote : #5
i guess is a nintendo emulator that runs games online via dc modem.
maybe some1 soon will finish the job, and there wiil be other online games on dc, right?
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:30 am
quote : #6
Yea well if and when that code ever gets finished, then I would just put Net Enabled Super Famicast Emu, or whatever at the bottom of the online games list.
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:02 am
quote : #7
hope soon mate Cool
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Ohh what a shame I guess that guy had some new project lined up where people play alone in a room in the dark ( note sarcasum ).

How far along was this code % wise? and how likely is it that anyone will actualy ever finish it?.

Laters

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:11 pm
quote : #9
This is very interesting. I'm waiting to here on the results of a test. I wish someone would finish this Smile. Be so sweet!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:54 am
quote : #10
I would say down the road you will start seeing this completed or some network emulation projects in the works. But not for a while. Not enough people have the motivation to get these types of projects completed.

Usually you can lump programmers into 1 of 2 catagories.

1: Programmers who work on projects for their own personal interest and their drive is based on geniuine, honest interest in a specific project.

2: Programmers who work on projects to garner social attention, their only drive is to finish the project and recieve respect and attention from the community.

What happened with this project, I'm assuming, is people at dcemu were complaining and whining that a net enabled snes dc emulator should be coded. So Will initially started work on the software, then came to his senses and realised he jsut didn't want to work on it anymore. Good thing he stopped.

It sux when dc community members crack the whip on dev'rs. Some posters...especially at dcemulation get flat out irate yelling for people to come along and fix something or program some new wonder-software so they can sit around and have fun all day. Programmers actually sacrifice large amounts of personal time on projects.

Eventually I expect this project will see the light of day. Just have to sit back and wait patiently.

Props to storm studios for releasing the source though.
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:03 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
Well I hope somone does actualy finish some kind of project that would be nice. It seems that the demand for DC online games still exists be they Original DC games or emulators. It would be nice to know that some new form of DC online gaming would eventualy take place. I dont even have a PC but Id go somwhere and burn games, or get them from a contact to play some other form of DC online. The demand exists lets hope there is someone dedicated enuf to supply.

Laters