Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
ganjaborg
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:49 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
hi ppl, i do play sometimes f355 in the every 20 min races.
i have several copies of f355, the best one is a pal version with cover signed by all ferrari F1 team (schumi, barrichello, montezemolo, todt etc..).
my japanese version offer the link system gamin, with 2 copies of game, 2 dcs, and 2 tv u can challenge real time via dc link cable.

so ...
i suck in programming, but i wonder if it is possible to imamgine something like what is goin on on cube, ps2 and xbox,
i mean non official tunneling with that allows people to play online via "online" lan.
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:03 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Its not possible. System-Link does not use internet protocols to connect the 2 systems. Also the games online modes were not originally designed to run in real-time online, or on a LAN. Plus the game is not even bba compatible.

Games that get tunneled are always LAN compatible games. Dialup games cannot be tunneled. Games that allow for cross system compatibility or pc made servers....are ALL games that the developers originally designed them for. Such as Quake 3 and 4x4 EVO.

So there is no way to play F355 online in real-time.
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:40 am
quote : #3
ok, thx for explanations.
so the only possibility to play real time f355 battle on dc is to link up 2 dcs Confused
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:42 am
quote : #4
Yes that is correct. I myself recently aquired a DC vs Cable for just that occasion. Still waiting for my friend to come over sometime so we can try it out. But I tested it solo, it works awsome. Throw in some steering wheels and you have yourself a true arcade setup :D
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:25 am
quote : #5
i had one vs cable, we tried it on dc pal.
the problem was that on monitor game where running at 60 hz, on tv (even if suporting 100hz) because of the dc was pal was forcing the game to 50hz(dc pal runs games at 60 hz, but if u put import force it to 50 hz Mad ).
so the two consoles where runing to a different framerate, and i suddenly bring the cable back Sad
the idea of having a f355 dual dc arcade is still in my mind Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:31 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon, you may have already told me this but where is a good place to order the link/versus cable?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:49 pm
quote : #7
I got mine from http://www.play-asia.com, great service.
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:00 pm
quote : #8
Hi ganjaborg

I met you in a Net-race. It is a great idea to link 2 DC with F355. I just need a link cable now.
Another F355 racer (from France) called cabou has done it. He has pictures of his set-up saved, but doesn't know how to post them. Does anyone know how he can do it?

i sent you a PM ganjaborg Smile

Pryonic
rank 5
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #9
hi there

i'm cabou's friend we did this set up together

he bougth the cable vs link and the vga cables at "lik sang"
and we used two 19" flat screens i own

you will find link for the pics on the topic named " F355 ticking me off"
or directly on my messy home page here Shocked

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pryonic/

regards
(the froggy's)
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:51 am
quote : #10
Yeah, i saw pictures of that great set-up at dreamennia. I can't view your home-page with my DC. Maybe i need a pc to see it?

Congratulations on your 2nd place at the F355 Championship. You are improving faaast. I hope your friend Cabou races again. See you on the track soon, byeee.

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 3:53 am
quote : #11
when are you going to get back racin again J?

ill be on the track tuesday, unfortunatly couldnt make thursday or fridays races last week Sad or even Starlancer and PSO

Cya

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile