Page 1 of 1
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
So I got on quake 3 last night sinec I saw it in the schedule, but it pisses me off when there are a ton of people on, and almost all of them are chatting. they arnt even playing! We need more servers so people who want to play can play

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:30 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea this is relativly new Oddity, usually the Quake 3 servers have only been partially full. About a 3rd or a half full. But now since UT is down, coupled with the fact that because sega announced that DC online gaming would go down, it was posted on many websites. This brought a lot of attention to DC online gaming, and many people either curious about what would still work, or were baffled that it was even still up in the first place. So now the Quake 3 DC community is kinda blowing up at the moment, and a lot of new faces. So a lot of people are jsut meeting up and chatting, since they are either new to it or are looking for help and information. Plus there are not enough servers up at the moment to hold everyone. Which is incredible. OC will be getting some servers up soon, dedicated servers up 24/7.

DC online gamers only ways of being able to talk to each other is either IN the games themselves or on forums. Many don't know this site exists yet since it jsut started in April. So many people get their chat on while gaming Smile

Whenever i am on oddity we can just frag, less chat and more splat.
Posted:
Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:04 pm
quote : #3
sounds good. im known as converse on Q3

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:14 pm
quote : #4
Lets Frag... Im maybe one of this chatters - hehehhehe - but after one chatround comes sure a Fraground... and Ben, when the PAL game search servers..... there are tons of free servers

THX Koddabb for that fun in Quake yesterday Razz

FOXYuk
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:27 am
quote : #5
Nothing wrong with chatting and fragging, infact thats what the games all about. If you dont like people chatting make your own server then you can have in there who you like and boot who you dont.
Im still waiting to see you on Quake Gruben, its been a while since i kicked your ass lol Laughing
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:07 pm
quote : #6
Yeah Foxy..... ever welcome... Foxy I have free next 2 weeks so it should be possible that we frag (mean u frag me Razz).... set a time or write me pms or email.... yesterday I was real afraid that quake was gone, coz I coudnt join the game - same in PSO.... now one day after - quake works... but Ship EU at PSO is close....

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:49 pm
quote : #7
Well I do chat while I play, it adds some more interaction to the game. I just dont like when everyone is spectating and talking, thats just taking up space. I actully got on Q3 monday night and freaked out. These PC servers are alot more 56k friendly thant the seganet ones. I no longer ever get connection inturrupted, and lag. And the mods are great. my best friend and I met on and played with 2 others for like 3 hours.

Koda
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:22 pm
quote : #8
yea grubensau dat wuz really fun! Very Happy we need to do dat again sometime Laughing nicht rauchen grubensau!!! Cool i thought u were gonna pm me!!! anyways i guess i'll see u on pso or q3 sometime Smile laterz
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:45 pm
quote : #9
The stores in my area do not carry Quake 3 for Dreamcast. Mad I'm baffled as to why they carry so many POS games, but no quality stuff (save for Last Blade 2).

I don't want to get a copy off of E-Bay, but it is my only choice....

-Mytho

FOXYuk
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:39 am
quote : #10
Well Gruben i finally found you on Q3 and wow did you give me a run for my money lol. I still kicked ass (just Rolling Eyes ) lol.
Hope to catch you on there again soon Smile
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:01 am
quote : #11
I have had Q3 for 2 years now. I Kinda got out of it due to the PC version cheaters using aim hacks and other uncool PC tools designed to make life as a legit gladiator impossible. I recently got back on and found a total of 6 servers...all red and laggy. I waited and later found only one good green server only to repeatedly get disconnection server errors due to the hacked map the pc users were using. I wish there was a way to create your own server in the DC version like there is in the PC version. Lord Nikon if you made a few Q3 servers 24/7 that would be great. I don't own a pc anymore due to massive lack of cash and an overheated motherboard or I'd do it myself. I am new to this game and suffer from a severe lack of aiming skills due to my being mouseless and I get killed alot and spawn point campers really get me postal but I still enjoy massive bloodshed every once in awhile even if it is my gore splattered over most of the arena...LOL. And whoever invented that useless grappling hook weapon needs a few railgun slugs to the cranium...grrr. Well anyone wanting to spray my gibs all over the walls look for Twisted. I play the Patriot (cybernetic vampire) character, you'll find me wandering into incoming rockets on a deathmatch server near you.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:11 pm
quote : #12
I just got Q3 and love it and can't wait until i can buy a BBA and play it online =) ill be coming soon

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:51 pm
quote : #13
Did you try using a free ISP? from the list?
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:21 am
quote : #14
No need to buy a BBA...you can play it fine with just the modem
Look for the big mess as soon as you spawn in...thats me.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:12 am
quote : #15
now that i think about i never didn't try any of the free ISP's Rolling Eyes well if they work ill be online very soon Very Happy