Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
1, 2  Next
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi! I know the DC to DC link cable is discussed ocassionally, but I have yet to see a definitive list of compatible games. Many of us probably own multiple Dreamcasts and probably want to explore all aspects of gameplay including head-to-head.

It would probably benefit us all if we kept a complete list of compatible Link games on this site. Does anyone agree with this? Also, does anyone have a complete list already?

Anyone?

How are my little crackers doing today?
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:34 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
List:

Ferrari F355 Challenge.

Give or take one game.

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:23 pm
quote : #3
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:17 pm
quote : #4
Aero Dancing F -Japanese

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #5
jhorto1 wrote:
Aero Dancing F -Japanese

Yea thats it, couldn't remmeber that one. Thanx :]
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:57 pm
quote : #6
good thinkg this got bumped, i just noticed this yesturday:

http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dreamcasting/viewtopic.php?t=654

a poster named Mr Beard mentioned "Cool cool Toon (DC) and Cool cool Jam (NGPC)" as compatable titles.
can anyone confirm?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:02 pm
quote : #7
that thread is about the DC=>NGPC cable....kingofgrills was asking about the DC VS cable.

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:02 am:

The complete list of compatible DC vs DC games that support the system link cable are:

Aero Dancing F -Japanese
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #8
there should have been more Crying or Very sad but those are all good games Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:52 pm
quote : #9
Man....just think (prepare to cry)

if Alien Front Online was Link compatible....man that would have been...so awsome
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:07 pm
quote : #10
I agree with you, Lordnikon. I could imagine there are a bunch of games that would have been great head-to-head with the Vs. link cable. One of the most obvious ones that didn't make it, for whatever reason, was Daytona USA. It seems like such a great accessory, but software publishers don't seem like they really want to do anything with it. The latest version of the PS2 dropped the link port entirely from the console to focus on online support. It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to accomodate both online and linked games. Confused

Thanks for helping me out with what turns out to be a very short list. I purchased a Vs. link cable from Play-Asia.com for a total of around $22 including shipping, and it just arrived a couple of days ago.

I plan on building (not literally) a game room sometime in my life, and I want to have space for an arcade-like setup dedicated for my Dreamcasts. What's more arcade-like than battling your friends head-to-head on different screens? Anyway, this is what I'm shooting for. I've got two arcade sticks (not Agetec), and two brand new Mad Catz MC2 Racing Wheels in anticipation of this. I have heard that Virtua On is great with the Twin Sticks, but they're rather spendy and I'm not doing that, especially twice! Laughing

I have Ferrari F355 and Virtua On, but now I need to find additional copies. I have never seen Aero Dancing F. From the name, I assume it's some sort of flying game? Can someone please describe the gameplay and tell me if it's any good? Is it worth tracking down two copies of it?

Thanks! Very Happy

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:16 pm
quote : #11
I can confirm that F355 is excellent using the link cable. So much better than the "sorta" online play. (apologies to rusty and crew lol ) If I could ever get my son to quit doing all his worthless schoolwork Smile, we're building a F355 cabinet complete with 2 MC2 wheels which should be neat, except there's no chance of my wife ever letting me bring it into the house. Ah well, the garage is the place for cars anyway.

I too would like more info on Aero Dancing F if anyone has it and would like to do a short review. The only thing holding me back from VO OT is the sticks like you've said. Maybe someday....

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:53 pm
quote : #12
Woah! You're going to have to post progress on your F355 project. That sounds totally cool. That's the vision dancing around in my head.

IMHO, I think you picked the best DC wheels to use for your project. So, what are you going to use for viewing? I'd like to use PC monitors with VGA adapters.

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:09 pm
quote : #13
We're using 17" and 19" monitors but it looks like I may have to get another VGA box because one of them is acting a little flaky lately. What we're doing is using a seat out of a Mitsubishi Eclipse facing a monitor which will be somewhat enclosed on either side and behind the seat. Outside of the end where your feet (and DCs and stereo equipment) would be is a sort of standup cabinet where the other person can play or could also be used for other arcade style games. Will post pics when we get a little more of it done.

JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #14
sounds cool, keep us informed Very Happy
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:59 pm
quote : #15
Awesome! That sounds totally cool. I'd love to see pictures of the work in process. Just talking about it makes me want to sketch some stuff out.

A friend of mine who really got me hooked on the DC is trying to build a single-player racing setup. At one point he was scouting for a reasonably priced racing bucket to convert into his driving seat. He showed me a picture from a Japanese company that was marketing a similar setup (single-player) for the PS2, and he was trying to copy it. I wish I still had the link he sent me. If I remember correctly, the Japanese price converted to over $400 for the setup. Seriously hardcore.

I think I'd be happier creating and building my own. Besides, anything is possible with duct tape, right? Laughing