Previous  1, 2
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:25 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
lordnikon wrote:
that thread is about the DC=>NGPC cable....kingofgrills was asking about the DC VS cable.

ah ok. guess i was too exited about the news.

but about the vs cable, every last one of those titles are good games, i better pick up a cable.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea, if you guys need another project. Get 2 Dreamcast Twin Sticks to use for VOOT Very Happy

Cept the go for mucho dinero these days.

(can also use an adaptor and the saturn twin sticks if needed)
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:28 pm
quote : #18
M1Savage wrote:
I too would like more info on Aero Dancing F if anyone has it and would like to do a short review. The only thing holding me back from VO OT is the sticks like you've said. Maybe someday....

Last year, in a hotel room above the Philly Classic game show, I hooked up two monitors, two DCs and the link cable. I sat down with a friend to play all three of these online games.

Ferrari was pretty cool, but since I suck at racing games, I got my butt kicked time and time again. It wasn't very exciting, but may have been a better experience if I wasn't so outclassed by my friend's skills.

Aero Dancing F was ok, but got to be a little boring after a while. We figured out how to play in a head to head dogfight mode and I pretty much shot my friend down over and over again until we were both bored to tears. (Not even close to the fun I had playing Propeller Arena at the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas last year) It would have been much better if we had things to fly around like buildings or something.

VO:OT turned out to be the most fun out of the three. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't own two twin sticks, so we didn't have the most optimal set up. It was still a blast to play against each other using the regular DC controllers. My hands cramped up after a while from using this control method, but it was worth it.

What are the rules for writing reviews? Can you write them as a newb? If so, I may hook everything back up again.

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #19
Hlw do you get Virtua On:OT to work. Does the option just appere when you hook the 2 dc's together? When i pluged in VOOT i didnt see an option for system link. So how do you access it?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:57 am
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
To have the link-mode option, press and hold ''Left Trigger + Right Trigger + A + Start'' at the Press Start/Title screen.
Posted:
Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:25 pm
quote : #21
lordnikon wrote:
To have the link-mode option, press and hold ''Left Trigger + Right Trigger + A + Start'' at the Press Start/Title screen.

Yeah, they hid the option on the US version. I wonder why they bothered.