Page 1 of 2
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Just thinking as Sega-europe have shut the access to Pal Q3 will Worms also go offline soon? I cant see why Sega europe would remove Q3 and leave Worms the far less popular game in online terms anyway up and running.

Im not sure how it all works, rumour and thoery welcome if anyone has any.

Laters

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:07 pm
quote : #2
or pso??!!!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:43 am
quote : #3
um did i miss something here? when the hell did quake 3 go offline? i still play it, not in a month or so but if its gone i will be throwing a wobbly
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:48 am
quote : #4
According to SEVERAL PAL Quake players, you are unable to connect to the master server and view the master list/input a specific server. The servers are still there, there is just no way to access them on PAL Quake III. (At least, this is what has been said by multiple Q3 PAL users, including grubensau, esk, etc etc).
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:50 am
quote : #5
lucky i have a NTSC version

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:19 pm
quote : #6
I have contacted Sega of Europe about it il post the reply, enough with the speculation

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:17 pm
quote : #7
What did sega europe say?. Did you ask about Worms or q3 or both?. Esk already told me that Sega europe told him they closed the Q3 server for commercial reasons when he phoned them. Anyway what about Worms, theres a subject about the Q3 closure already on the Q3 board.

Laters

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:29 am
quote : #8
i think we should wait till it does go off before asking questions about it... just incase it brings it to the attention of sum1 who goes... " hmmm i think i WILL put it off now, thanks for reminding us"

PLEASE dont any1 bother enquiring anywhere as to when the worms server goes off.. worry about that when it happens.. i play this everyday so when it goes off i will know it

The best case scenario would be that you find out when it will go off (so what),
The worst case scenario would be that you get it brought to the attention of some1 who does put it off Sad (a VERY big deal to me)

it might be silly thinking that it might be switched off by asking about how long it will be up..... but it has been getting more players in the past 5-6months (i worked real hard to find players) and my nightmare.. (even though it might be silly) ..is that the server gets put off from some1 (who hardly plays it anyway) asking about it, and bringing it to the attention of some money man who decides to switch it off

god i am all stressed now Sad ......better go an play worms Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #9
Wormy for president Smile
(great words!!!)
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:29 pm
quote : #10
so when do you guys play most often? i can come on more regular if only for one match or so cos they do take a while sometimes, i love worms tho, ok i am kinda shit but hey its one extra player right?
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:14 pm
quote : #11
DreamcastMagic wrote:
I have contacted Sega of Europe about it il post the reply, enough with the speculation

BTW we still havent seen this reply.

I kind of get where Wormy is comming from. Its just kind of hard to imagine that there realy are a top notch set of executives out there making decisions when the Q3 server was put off or gate closed and Womrs left up, so far. I mean Id love that exec to stand in front of me and reasonably explain that decision. I personaly believe the decision to close all Sega europe servers has been made. The Worms server could shut at the same time the Sega Europe Q3 IP's dissapear from the Q3 list. I also think this will happen fairly soon.

Arnt i just the doom and gloom merchant.

laters

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:49 pm
quote : #12
I heard about this, and it is a shame. I have NTSC Quake 3 and it still works fine, so its all good. Just get the US one and play on the lame modded servers, you'll get used to it eventually.
Sega Swirl
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #13
Type: NTSC-U/C
MeltedIce wrote:
I heard about this, and it is a shame. I have NTSC Quake 3 and it still works fine, so its all good. Just get the US one and play on the lame modded servers, you'll get used to it eventually.

Bah. Modded servers be damned. [oc]Mytho's will be up soon, I promise. No more delays. Wink

-Mytho

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:41 pm
quote : #14
have u guys tried opening the console on the pal version and typing "connect (ip address)"?
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:34 pm
quote : #15
frokid879 wrote:
have u guys tried opening the console on the pal version and typing "connect (ip address)"?

The game locks up at the conntection screen to the net!