Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I don't know if I've been living in a cave or something, but I just found out about the official 4X memory cards a couple of weeks ago in the "Rarest Item" post on this site. I've had ton of Dreamcast stuff for several years now, and I've never heard of this before.

Anyway, I then searched for one on ebay, found a bunch of brand new never opened examples, and bought one for $12. Now that I've had a chance to use it a bit, I love it! They're Sega quality and uncompressed, so they're as stable as a standard VMU. Plus, it is really convenient to not have to keep swapping VMUs constantly. If you don't have one in your collection, I would highly recommend picking one up.

How are my little crackers doing today?
DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:36 pm
quote : #2
I should be getting my second one in a couple days. They're really reliable and easy to use.
banned!
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #3
same I want another they are so great for holding online content too! And with games like Shenmue with 80 block saves and worms with 50 you need one of these

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:41 pm
quote : #4
yeah, i got 4 total believe it or not. a couple of weeks ago i went to a little eb and they had 2 of um! official all the way! they there behind some n64 controllers. im telling you, it helps to dig! now all i need is a yellow vmu....

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:43 pm
quote : #5
i bought 2 of the offbrand ones and they are alright, except for ebgames sold me one that does not work!!!1
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:27 pm
quote : #6
yeah, i got one for 5 bucks