Topic: Samba Maraca's

Page 1 of 1
twiztid_420
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I know that there was a post about this somewhere once, but I can't find it know. What are all the brands of maraca's for samba and their prices. I'm looking for a good third party maraca. I don't have the 80 dollars for the sega brand and I want a set that will last. Probably two sets.
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:33 pm
quote : #2
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/search.php
think we did something like that

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:47 pm
quote : #3
Play-Asia has them for über cheap (compared with what other online stores minus eBay will drill ya)...check it out here. And hey, if you want to go for the best, you could get the 159 dollar maracas/game signed by Yuji Naka. Hahahaha...I would buy that hardcore if I had the money.
Posted:
Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:16 pm
quote : #4
I think the Cha Cha Amigo Maracas, which Play-Asia carries, are supposed to be one of the best built 3rd party maracas. I spoke with a customer service rep at Levelsix.com, which used to carry them, and that is what he told me based on service issues. Originally, Levelsix carried a 3rd party controller called Samba Friends, which looked similar to the original Sega units, but the sensors were prone to not function straight out of the box.

I should know, I bought two pairs of the Samba Friends controllers (not from Levelsix), but had to return one set and then also the replacement set too. Finally, I got a refund and ordered a set of the Cha Cha Amigo Maracas from Levelsix.com. Although that set doesn't come with the vinyl foot pad (the sensor array rests on the ground in front of you), it actually resonds easier than the Samba Friends set, and it also lights up when you rattle it.

This set is available currently available through play-asia.com for $24.90 or so. They offer great service and fast delivery with reasonable shipping prices. Samba de Amigo is definitely worth getting the maraca controllers for - it's one of the best party games!

How are my little crackers doing today?