27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
ok here is my story ... I had just finished playing PSO for like a hour, and my house isn't really cool I didn't turn on the AC, as its having problems (god why now! Mr. Green ). I was getting tired of playing and turned it off and as I took out the disk I noticed that smell of electronics burning coming from the DC, but it was very light smell. Panicing I took my DC put in it a shirt and but some of those frozen lunch box blocks on it to cool it fast... im realy scared of playing it because of the tons and I mean TONS of stories of the DC having a major over heating problem and melting! So im not going to play it until I get a attachable fan to the back like they sell here online like this one

but since im broke this week I will have to wait a week or so, no DC for a week... im going to die! Crying or Very sad well atleast my DC isn't Mr. Green

I think everyone should get one soon... even the last DC's made are getting old and taking care of them is the key to making them last, great porduct that works.[/url]

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:32 pm
quote : #2
Yeah man, I need to pick one of those up just in case. I just bought a spare DC so I will be swapping some parts from it and into my '99 Dreamcast to bring it back to life...(almost brings a tear to my eye...sniff..). How much are those external fans? Where did you get it from?
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:54 pm
quote : #3
DRBagabundo wrote:
Yeah man, I need to pick one of those up just in case. I just bought a spare DC so I will be swapping some parts from it and into my '99 Dreamcast to bring it back to life...(almost brings a tear to my eye...sniff..). How much are those external fans? Where did you get it from?

This should answer your question.

http://www.mod-chips.net/product_details.asp?ID=1686

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #4
DRBagabundo wrote:

here they have one for cheaper, think ill be getting it here
http://www.gamestech.com/dreamcast_info/player_miscellanceous/cooling_fan/fan.htm

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:11 pm
quote : #5
DreamcastMagic wrote:
DRBagabundo wrote:

here they have one for cheaper, think ill be getting it here
http://www.gamestech.com/dreamcast_info/player_miscellanceous/cooling_fan/fan.htm

I've tried those people, they have good prices in all, but they have odd and unconvient practices of billing. No order forms or anything, just "send an email and your order is processed" And they didn't even give you a chance to pay for it or an option to pay for it. Then they harass you with emails tell you to pay for it or they won't send it.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:24 pm
quote : #6
wow, that sucks ... o well its only $5 more there, the bad thing is I read that I read the plug needs a converter to fit the US outlets but those are cheap, but still pain in the ass...

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:35 pm
quote : #7
Oh, a converter? That's probably another $5 at max (stuff adds up). I'd just assume putting the DC over the A/C vent and turn the thermostat on 60F. lol Very Happy

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:52 pm
quote : #8
just get a new dc. they are 15 at eb, i got mine for 10 cause it was presidents day sale.
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:05 pm
quote : #9
frokid879 wrote:
just get a new dc. they are 15 at eb, i got mine for 10 cause it was presidents day sale.

Oh I completely understand, with the price on the DC I would definatly stock up on them. Though I have two DC's, one's broke (chip melted) and the other is a prized LE modded import. You have to keep them maintained so they can last (reason why I too plan on looking into the fan) . I have some friends that valued it as a disposable item because they are cheap at the moment, which is not right. It's not a paper towel you know. Very Happy

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:05 pm
quote : #10
frokid879 wrote:

no way, got my back in sept 99' im not giving it up for a small problem like this, the converters are sold at home depot I would guess ill call around if not I found a site online that sells Asia to US converters. A DC for 10 damn im going to have to pick up a extra one soon so I can link my systems getting VO:OT soon

Found this place online, cheap $2 grounded converters Asia/Europe to US! Its the one on the bottom of the page..
http://www.220appliances.com/products.asp?CategoryID=31

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #11
sry i dont understand how ppl get attached to things cause they are old, i just like them cause they are cool. just me. i can see how u would like to keep it going now that a think about it
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:20 pm
quote : #12
Well, that and if you let electronics sit for so long, they will depreichate and die. Sad

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:26 pm
quote : #13
Dreamcast Magic, I know 100% how you feel. I made a thread about my DC dying, but I haven't given up yet. I just bought a broken DC which has a blown power supply. I'm going to take the motherboard and transfer it to my 1st and try to give it some extra life.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:06 pm
quote : #14
heh, i just cut open a hole on the back of my DC, and put a small bathroom fan behind it. it blows air in the DC and keeps everything cool. after 3 hrs. of PSO, feels like my DC was never on. cooler than the other side of the pillow. LOL.
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:10 pm
quote : #15
LOL the other side of the pillow,

whilst lying in bed playing PSO all night, i have to do repeated 'Pillow Revolving' heh

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile