Topic: GTA for DC

Page 1 of 2
-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I rember some time ago some one posted about a home brew version of GTA, has anytbody heard anything more about it?

Someone also posted a web site, but i cant rember what it was Laughing
anyone rember??

Thanks
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:50 pm
quote : #2
Well a picture was released a while ago, which looked pretty fake. No hard evidence if it actually exists right now....

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #3
I think you;re talking about this website http://www.cuser101.karoo.net/gtafreedc.html

or maybe this http://www.mtavc.com/

I have been hearing about this project for nearly a year now, but i have heard of no actual progress in it or anything. I wouldn't get excited.

I found the screeshot aflyingcow was talking about. http://www.gtafreedc.1accesshost.com/gtafreedcscr.JPG (you'll have to type that manually, dooesn't work with a lonk due to the free account stuff)

he's right, there is a lot of speculation that it is fake.

-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:24 pm
quote : #4
THanks alot thats the site I was looking for! Not alot of change except that odd screenshot Laughing I cant tell if any of it is a real project but ill keep an eye on it!
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:36 am
quote : #5
i knew it was crap
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:47 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Tony, why did you even bump this?

Talking about it is dumb unless there is some real information. So far, we've seen a "screenshot". If this project was real, and far enough to produce some actual screens, then you would think it would warrant an up-to-date webpage.

I say fake.

-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:52 am
quote : #7
ok sorry...

sometimes i feel alot of negative stuff on these forums.....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy be happy!
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:54 pm
quote : #8
ya peace and love ... wait ... o the FUK who ate my pizza that son of &%($ Mr. Green ill be taking that chill pill now ...

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:09 pm
quote : #9
Wait, I'm sorry Pennywise and Tony. I thought this was an old thread from a long time ago. I apologize for being rude.

Anyway, I still feel that either it's not a real project at all, or it's not being run by people who know what they are doing. You'd think that if it was this grand project bringing a GTA clone (a clone, not a port) to the DC, they would have an updated website and some more screenshots by now. We don't care if they look like crap, everybody knows what a work in progress is.

kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #10
If this truly happens I will donate $100 through paypal to some stranger to show my appreciation. DC has so much potential and seeing how GTA3 was one of my only favorite "next gen" games it would so amazing to have some form of it on the greatest system made. Fake or not, if its really going on props to them and I hope they dont give up.

Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 pm
quote : #11
Dang, that box art is tight. I'd be putting a ton of hours on my DC if that were to come out. Very Happy

-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:22 pm
quote : #12
Yeah I understand, no need to apologise! it all seems abit odd the website is hardly ever updated so there isnt that much proof at all.

Oh well i like to think it will be made............you never know
Life for the Dreamcast will find away!
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #13
that does look sexy, my dc would really need a fan for that, i would be on there all day, i like gta 3 a lot, but cant really get into the missions, i start out meaning well but often end up dying after running down some old granny, then up the fire escape and out with the sniper rifle!!

anyone know anymore about triptonyte? i visited the site and naf all had changed, the forums speak of jargon type program stuff but i wanted to know how its doing. anyone know?
Posted:
Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:27 am
quote : #14
sooooooo...it got picked up by ukr....
http://www.ukrockers.co.uk/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=754
still doesn't make ne sense. this is a huge undertaking, and i don't think that it'd be possible unless someone were to visit dcemu and pick out each and everyone of their best programmers. second off, gta 3 is a very large game. I have doubts as to if it will even fit on a single gd - rom. third, this would have to be made from scratch and... um given a title other than gta 3. ukr isn't as small as gtafreedc was, and given that they're rather large, they'll also draw quite a bit of attention if they were to actually develop this game. rockstar could sue ukr in a second. i'm not trying to say i like the idea, but, if it fails, it could hurt the ukr name
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:55 am
quote : #15
pakkitman wrote:

Does anyone in the UKR clan have ANY dreamcast programming experience. Not to mention texturers and modelers. This reminds me of the Alien Front Online debocle. Rolling Eyes

Also, this project was never really a project, so how can you "take" it over? It was a bunch of kiddie scripters talking shit. And the screenshot they posted was amateur 3D art which could have been done in any commercial 3D application such as maya, lightwave, or 3d max. That gta3 on dc thing was a complete joke. People talking shit with no skills to back it up. Which happens far too often in the Dreamcast homebrew scene. Which is a real shame. There are only a handfull of people out there actually coding and developing worthy Dreamcast Homebrew products.