Topic: Error connecting to WWP.

Page 1 of 6
JubeiSaotome
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay, I live in Australia and downloaded + burnt a copy of worms world party, as It wasn't released to any stores near me. Anyway, I recently tried to play it online and on connecting, it gave me an "error has occured while trying to connect" message. Now, I can get online with PSO fine, so why would it be doing this?
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:19 am
quote : #2
it is probably your ISP that isnt working with WWP... unfortunately, unless you have another ISP you can use, you could be out of luck Sad

(it is possible that your burnt copy doesnt work online.. some dont, depends where u got it from.... any1 know where to download a copy of WWP that definately works online??)
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
JubeiSaotome
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:52 am
quote : #3
Darn, bad luck for me. Thanks for the reply.
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:36 pm
quote : #4
Now I cant connect to worms... damn

Since Tuesday it says CONNECTED TO SERVER.. so hopefully the server is just getting maintenence, did any1 manage to connect on Tuesday or today? I couldnt, hopefully this is just temporary

if it does go off.. at least i know that I played it to death Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #5
look in the Worms board for links to a place that sells it that I have posted it many times, some times they remove things like this to fit on a noral disk when ppl download it and burn it.

InternetAddict
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:39 pm
quote : #6
man I hope the server starts working again I gotta have another game with you wormy and dutch Smile

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:04 pm
quote : #7
I tried connecting for like the last hour and was also stuck at the "connected to server" screen. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCMagic, when Sega of Europe said they didn't run Wormnet, did they say who did? Maybe we could email whoever runs it and ask them what's going on.
banned!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:20 pm
quote : #8
They didn't say, butl it really only leaves Team 17 them selves at the ones who run it... I hope its back soon. Someone should contact them, we need some news on whats up with them.

InternetAddict
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:06 pm
quote : #9
this is gonna suck a lot if the server was shut down (sigh)

The Kid
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:48 pm
quote : #10
I also was devastated by this travesty of all the Worms games we've missed due to this stupid "Connected to Server!" problem. I, after reading this article, checked out www.team17.com. I went to the games section, then to WWP. I then went on to a link it gave me. I don't remember the website name of the link (it was team17 something or another as well) At this link I was informed of a patch that existst for Worms World Party. I don't know too much about it all but maybe just maybe the problem could be fixed via this patch? I'm no super-genius and I know little about the whole thing, but to me anything is worth trying to get my Worms back online. I don't know if it works (im on my DC) but i will try it as soon as i can.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:53 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll look into this as well.
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:53 pm
quote : #12
If I'm not mistaken, the patches are for the PC version.
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:48 am
quote : #13
well I guess we should just hope it comes back within the next 3-5 days and if it doesn't then ill be worried Sad

The Kid
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:41 pm
quote : #14
I just left www.team17.com again. I sent an email to the Technical Support. I'm pretty sure they should know what's up, but if not i will send an email to each of the staff of the company. Hmm... if this doesnt work, i will resort to postal mail. They shall not keep my Worms offline!... hopefully.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:30 pm
quote : #15
Laughing well beat them down with mail if we must! I say everyone e-mail them about it, its ts@team17.com