segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

OK, I started playing silver some time ago now, and got stuck at this point and could not get any further. Now tonight I was sat here thinking, "OK, lets have another pop at silver" but I am still stuck.

Anyway, I am currently at the stage where I am supposed to give the boatman the "cursed doubloon" thats the big soon after the wearwolf by the way. I found out that I was meant to give him the "cursed doubloon" by looking on the net assuming that is correct?

Now this is where the problem comes in, I can't seem to give him the object, I go into the inventory and select it and nothing happens? I have tried giving it to him before and after I have spoken to him, but still no luck? any ideas?

It will probably be something really simple, but I can't see it

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:09 pm
quote : #2
sorry mate, i would love to help you on this one but i too find it very difficult to play, its just to damn old looking, nothing really apeals to me about it, i didnt get far the first time i got it but maybe if i spend a bit more time with it i might be able to get further, i'll let you know if i find anything out. unfortunately (ok maybe not unfortunately, but hey) i have to share my dc attention between 166 games currently, so silver is a bit far down the list!
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:31 pm
quote : #3
Hi,

Lol.....yeah I understand.......its not the most appealing game in the world, it has a nice storyline, some good voice acting and looks really nice backdrops at times, but the game is generally a little boring......there are certainly better things to play.

Its just that I started playing it a while ago and I just want to lay it to rest........

If you do find out anything let me know, otherwise dont worry......I will let you know on this thred if I figure it out in the meantime

Cheers, Craig

PS: Lucky you on 166 games......i'm only on 36, but still I have only been collecting for just over a year and have managed some rare stuff, including: The Dreameye, Broadband adapter, Dragon riders and many other things, so im not doing too bad I don't suppose

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:34 pm
quote : #4
well i wouldnt call it lucky, more like absolutely sodding psycho! Smile but hey i have been buying dc stuff since its release ing 1999 over here, and it aint been cheap, if i sat down and added up what i have spent i would probably faint, just as well i dont huh? yeah man i might have a look at silver again. laterz!
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 11:22 am
quote : #5
Hello, sorry to bump this up.....but I still havent figured this yet....anybody got anymore ideas?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 11:39 am
quote : #6
segadreamcaster wrote:
Hello, sorry to bump this up.....but I still havent figured this yet....anybody got anymore ideas?

Cheers, Craig

i know ya might not wanna spoil ur game but have ya tried http://www.gamefaqs.com out for any solutions.

i have played the game and made it pretty far but it does get kinda bland after awhile so i had kinda stopped playing it. apparently you have gotta further than me on this game.

but like i said maybe gamefaqs might have the solution ur looking for. Smile
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 11:55 am
quote : #7
Yeah, I have looked at various walkthrough's and guides, but they dont seem to help, I cant see anything I have missed.....I just cant give the cursed doubloon to the boatman, no matter what I try.....I am wondering if perhaps there is a fault with my copy of the gmae, because it has frozen up on me a couple of times at a previous part of the game, but Im not sure.

Any other ideas are very welcome...thanks for the suggestion tappro....thought this was one of your favourite games?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 10:36 am
quote : #8
segadreamcaster wrote:

Any other ideas are very welcome...thanks for the suggestion tappro....thought this was one of your favourite games?

Cheers, Craig

well it is among my fav's since it is a rpg. just haven't gotten around to beating it yet since i have so many other games to play.

also u proly might have a bad disc, ill have to breakdown and play this again, and ill let ya know sometime soon wut happens.
proly wont know for the next couple of weeks, if anyone else is willing to try that would help too.
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 10:39 am
quote : #9
Yeah, I know what yuo mean about there being so many other games that must be played....nightmare.

Anyway, that will be great if you (or anybody else who's playing) can check that out for me, that would be brilliant......might well be the disc though, so maybe i'll keep an eye out on ebay for a replacement

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

maciver
banned!
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 10:42 am
quote : #10
Its not a bad copy to give him the cursed dub. you have something left undone, I beat it 2 years ago, and I had a problem giving it as well... I just went thru every stage again looking for unfinished biz and finially when I was about to give up I tried again and BAM he took it...
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 12:38 pm
quote : #11
well seems problem solved you'll just have to go back over everything ya mightve missed.
thank god because right now im involved trying to beat a few other games right now, resident evil cv is one of em i am on right now. Smile
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 7:18 pm
quote : #12
OK, cheers guys, I will have to go through it some time....when I can be bothered to treck through those levels again...lol

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:08 pm
quote : #13
I just started to play this game today - and like it very much, btw. - and therefor haven't gotten very far yet.
It doesn't bother me at all that the gameplay doesn't seem to be very deep. Instead, I just enjoy the beautiful backgrounds, the nice dialogs and the very appealing visual and auditive style of the game.

My questions:

- Right now, I am stuck in the basement of the library, in the very beginning of the game. I am supposed to defeat that demon with some ice sword, but can't harm him, no matter how hard I try to beat him. I can't seem to reach him. I know I am stupid, but could someone please tell me the trick?

- The manual doesn't seem to state anything about advance to the next character level. Is there a "experience points" counter hidden somewhere in the menu? Whenever I check the character stats in the menu, I am just level 1and won't advance...

Thanks for any help!