Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
1, 2  Next
twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Oh man!! I just got offline from a 3 hour fragfest in Q3. Sadly I got owned pretty badly. I never got more than 12 frags in a game.My skills could use some improvement and if I only had a mouse..... Oh well at least I found a few servers on gamespy that had some decent folks that actually gave me some tips. Like..hey twisted...keep moving..yer a sitting duck man. And I learned that the blue bubble thingy means someone is chatting and it is not polite to chat frag. Hopefully I will someday learn some mad skillz but until then I guess I'll provide easy target practice...LOL

Last edited by twistedidiot on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:25 pm
quote : #2
LOL --- very nice post dude Razz

I also lost my brain in quake when I said Hi 2 a rocket.... I cant remember the wall Very Happy.... and dont worry about hitting chaters at u first time.... I did it 2 - and they hit me so hardly back Smile))

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:52 pm
quote : #3
I got a brand new Sega made mouse just for Quake 3 for only $4.00 on ebay .... i looked every where but i could only find on at ebay you should get one it makes playing Q3 just like it is on the pc, great fun

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:37 pm
quote : #4
Ok man. Thanks for the info...unfortunatly I can't get on ebay with my DC....browser not supported... And my pc went poof I have to use my work computer and they wont allow us to go to Ebay...but maybe I can get a friend to let me on their pc and I'll get one. Until then I'll practice my n00b skillz and learn to dodge railgun slugs like the Matrix guy and hopefully I can get my frag count up and perhaps even score 1st place in a deathmatch or two. If any of you happen to get online look for me....My Q3 name is *Twisted* and I usually play on the Gamespy servers. Oh yeah I figured out how to make my name multi-colored and how to make the letters flash so at least my name looks like I know what I am doin.

Last edited by twistedidiot on Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:17 pm
quote : #5
Liksang's website has a PS2 adaptor that allows a mouse and any PS2 keyboard to hook up to the DC. As soon as I get some spare grip I am gonna order one. They sell for about 8 bucks the ability to use any PS2 keyboard and mouse is a plus. I have the Sega DC keyboard and it is a tad flimsy. Check um out at Lik Sang they also have a decent selection of DC games but they all sell for regular retail around US. $20.00 dollars. And they have alot of imports and the new one Border Down but US $59.00 is steep for my feeble budget. They also sell spare parts for the DC like the cool transparent DC case for US. $12.00.
Posted:
Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:51 pm
quote : #6
to bad you have no comp they are realy hand-e

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:49 am
quote : #7
Yeah I know how handy those PCs can be. Mine was killed by the I/O chipset overheating. Unfortunatly my meager wages barely feed me much less allow for luxuries like a new PC motherboard. So I am reduced to using the sorry excuse for a browser that planet web halfway threw together. The DC is great...I jus wish the browser was better. Heck you can't even log onto your hotmail account with this... Laughing
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:48 pm
quote : #8
ya i know it sucks it doesn't work with Hotmail ... but does it work with 3.0 I have only tried 1.0 and 2.0

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:50 am
quote : #9
Ok finally had to stop playing Soul Calibur so much. I was having nightmares about Ivy (or were they wet dreams) Laughing And I said "But the soul still burns" one morning when I first woke up so I am putting it down for a bit.

Now that I have found a mouse on ebay for 3.99 (and I won it too) as soon as I get it in the mail I'll begin my return to the arena.
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:33 pm
quote : #10
Yeah baby!!! Got my mouse from ebay!! Bring on the pain babY!! Yeah!! Let the bleeding begin!!!
Ok sorry about that but I get exicited about the littlest things. See you in the arena. Look for *Twisted*
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:13 pm
quote : #11
Just wondering, can you use a mouse and keyboard for Quake 3?
I know you can do it for Outtrigger. If you can do it for this it would be great.

Laters.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:14 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea mouse and keyboard works for quake 3 as well. Smile
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:00 pm
quote : #13
Oh thats wicked. Cant wait to try it out.

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:28 pm
quote : #14
Yep I have had the keyboard for awhile..Now I have the mouse. It plays just like the pc version now!! WOOT!! Mouse look is automatic all you have to do is set your mouse keys for attack, jump, and crouch. The wheel can be used for weapon select. Let's just say I can aim MUCH better now. Yeah baby!!
Also I have noticed that the DC mouse is very well constructed. Better than the one I had on my pc. For US $3.99 I got one hell of a bargain. Brand new in the box even. Gotta love ebay sometimes Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:35 pm
quote : #15
Erh, I wanna get stuff on Ebay so much... but my parents dont really like using credit cards online.