Page 1 of 2
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:21 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
1: Do you own PBA Bowling for PC or DC ( state which )

2: Have you played the game at all?

3: Have you connected to the online server with your ISP?

4: Have you played PBA online?

5: Are you interested in playing PBA online?

6: What time in GMT is the best for you to play PBA online if interested.

This questionaire is gather information for those of us already playing online who are interested in expanding the online numbers.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:04 am
quote : #2
1)Yes,DC
2)Yes
3)Yes
4)Yes
5)I suppose
6)Whenever(I'm EST)

I don't think anyone has played more Pba bowling online than myself.I use to play with 2 other people on a regular basis.A couple months ago,I just think eveyone got sick of it.I think the lack of any type of skill to win is the problem.It seems pretty random whether you win or lose.The control is far from great.Everyone just plays the game the same way,line goes up,line goes down,stop it somewhere in the middle.That's the entire game.It's slow and tedious.But strangly addicting once you start.It puts you in a zone I guess.That music,makes me feel like I'm floating on rainbows.The chatting is horrible on that game,the worst I've ever seen!We should at least be able to chat easily and quickly while waiting for our turn.Here's how I make the game fun:I like setting up 4 player games on 2 consoles online.Me & my son(you can have multiple users on one system online) against 2 other dudes.Team game.You can play,chat with the guy next to you and turn the game into quite an enjoyable event.One dose at a time though,I can't play for hours on end..I'd go crazy.A 4 or 5 round game at a time is usually enough for me!

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:06 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
1.)Yes (DC)
2.)Yes
3.)Yes
4.)Yes
5.)No
6.)N/A

And my gripes with it were the same as Sea-Monkey's.

-Mytho

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:00 pm
quote : #4
Wow you two obviously never played in the same kind of games as I have. In these games people dont bowl the same way and skill is involved in winning. No random results in the games between myself Fallout and Segadreamcaster. Perhaps you come see. Whats your high score?, mines 194.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:06 pm
quote : #5
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes

I just noticed a MINT copy of the PC version going on EBay right now. REAL cheap. But I dont do EBay, so ill leave it to you ppl.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8120223780&rd=1

If I was going to play it, it would have to be the Dreamcast version, since DC is my main gaming machine.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:40 pm
quote : #6
Hey someone snap this up, real useful to actualy test the DC plays PC server.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:54 pm
quote : #7
1. Dreamcast

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. No

5. Yes

6. ummmmmm..........

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #8
TheMytho wrote:
1.)Yes (DC)
2.)Yes
3.)Yes
4.)Yes
5.)No
6.)N/A

And my gripes with it were the same as Sea-Monkey's.

-Mytho

Seamonkey and Mytho. Myself and Segadreamcaster invite you to a game of PBA team bowling. Teams of coure are Blast and Segadreamcaster v Seamonkey and the Mytho. Prove to us your theory that PBA games are decided randomly. Game can be any day besides Fridays, game time between 10.30pm GMT+1 and 12 midnight ( Start time ) monday to thursday or any time after 11pm on Saturday til 3am.

Morph get the game and join us online Smile

Blade, aint seen you online yet Ive posted a few games. Is the time bad for you?.

Fallout get your ass off PSO and visit the alley, we promise we will be nice Smile . If i have to hunt you down on PSO man u may be sorry Smile lol ( Joke m8 )
Laters
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:18 am
quote : #9
It's not very convient for me to use the phone line to play a Dreamcast game online. Sorry. Neutral Otherwise, I'd more than likely join you.

-Mytho

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:39 am
quote : #10
TheMytho wrote:
It's not very convient for me to use the phone line to play a Dreamcast game online. Sorry. Neutral Otherwise, I'd more than likely join you.

-Mytho

Thats horrible a fate worse than death. A no online DC Sad . Well your questionaire reply indicates you played the game online before so if its ever " convenient " to use your phone then let us know.

2 nights ago Segadreamcaster made the biggest score seen online ( by us ) of 198 ( the previous record stood at 194 ). Last night I broke the new record after just one day bowling a 210 Smile . Will Segadreamcaster be back to reclaim his high score crown?.

Laters
Laters
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:43 am
quote : #11
hmmmm.....yes I will....lol.....but I think its gonna be tough.....you just couldnt help yourself copuld you...you had to reclaim your world record....lol

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:39 pm
quote : #12
1.) not at the moment im getting mine for dc someti me next week.
2.) nope
3.) nope
4.) nope
5.) yes
6.) any time in the evening's and weekends

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #13
segadreamcaster wrote:
hmmmm.....yes I will....lol.....but I think its gonna be tough.....you just couldnt help yourself copuld you...you had to reclaim your world record....lol

Well the good news is m8 I had a very quick search on google earlier and it seems the max Bowling score is 300? dunno quite how that works but t there ya go. If I can I'll try and find out some more rules in a mo.

Yeh dead let us know when u get PBA, we play mostly sunday to thursday at 23:00 gmt+1. Sometimes w play saturday but I do try to get on PSO once in while.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:56 pm
quote : #14
Max bowling score is a 300. This is achieved by the following rules.

A strike tallies the points of the hit (10 pins), plus the pins knocked down by the next two balls.

Therefore, if you bowl three strikes in a row, the 1st set will have 30 points, the second set will be at 20 and waiting for the points of the next bowl, and the third set will be at 10, waiting for the points from the next two balls.

In the 10th frame, you can bowl three times, if the 1st is a strike, or the 1 & 2 is a spare. However, the strikes in the 10th set, while they add to the 8th and 9th, they do not compile against each other, eg: the maximum points scorable in the 10th is the same as any other frame, which is 30.

If you bowl 12 strikes (3 balls in the 10th), you get 300 points.

Make sense?
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:46 pm
quote : #15
Well, interesting to know that the max is 300...wow that really makes us look rather useless by out average scores blast....lol

Anyway....hope to see some new faces at out game tonight...go on...you iknow you want to

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com