Topic: Surfing the net and memory

Page 1 of 1
freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've noticed when i surf the net for awhile that the memory gets used up, an example of this is when i log on to Ebay and check out just a few items. I'll get automatically logged out. This happens when i go to Yahoo as well. Is this problem common?

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:35 pm
quote : #2
First off, how much memory does your PC have in it? Also, about the websites, I'm not saying that Ebay does but some will send you spyware/adware to your PC, and that will eat up memory as well. To suggest some advice for this problem that you have, either 1. get some more memory if you are a little low on it, it's dirt cheap; or 2. buy a anti-spyware/adware program that will clean that stuff out of your hard drive. I recommend these guys http://www.lavasoft.de/

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:40 pm
quote : #3
ya, lavasoft's ad aware is excellent. free and high performance too. even has updates, which cleaned alot of bullsh!t from my comp, but i also like to reformat my comp twice a yr just so that it losses all the crap its built up that i dont like searching for. therefor improving performance like hell
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:33 am
quote : #4
never heard of these lava soft guys, but ill give um a go.
i use spy bot. it is exceptional, highly recomended.
http://www.safer-networking.org

isnt he talking about surfing on his dreamcast?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:35 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi,

Isn't he talking abot surfing the net with the Dreamcast? Thats what I was assuming anyway

EDIT: Didnt notice that MasterChief had already said this.....but he must mean Dreamcast surfing

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com