Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Wed May 28, 2003 9:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey i saw on some other forums lots of people emailing PLaymore at this address: info@playmore.co.jp and expressing their opinions on releasing Metal Slug 3-5 as well as other games liek Matrimelee an Rage of The Dragons. Lots of these people are getting nice responses and some that even said Playmore is evaluating the situation and giving it heavy consideration. I just thoguht I would share this and hope others email them and just let them know DC is not dead, and its slowly coming back if anything, and we NEED these games, these games alone would please all DC owners for years to come. I even read that Metal Slug 5 may not appear on Neo Geo which means they may slowly be moving all these games to console only, recently Metal Slug 3 and King OF Fighters 2000 and 2001 were released on PS2, I however feel its more important to have these on the DC has its built to handle these games far better then the PS2 is.

thanks

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 28, 2003 11:26 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
honestly i think we should email playmore and tell them to make all the fighters online multiplayer compatible without a central IP address of server. They should make an input screen so you can connect directly online to another persons IP address.

I am going to email them about this. Seems like it wouldn't take much code. And would be great for online 2D fighting matches, witch i have always wanted to get into.

-LordNikon
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2003 7:03 am
quote : #3
I wrote a mail 2 playmore and tryed my best engl... Hope they understand it Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:37 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
well i finally got around to emailing SNK about this hehe here is what i wrote to them if anyone is interested in reading it Very Happy

Quote:
Hello SNK/Playmore,

My name is Ben, I personally would like to pledge my personal support for SVC Chaos being ported over to the sega dreamcast.

The sega dreamcast has the most complete collection of arcade 2D fighters, especially all the major 2D fighters used in 2D fighting tournament competitions. Adding SVC Chaos to the roster of game would make the dreamcast collection complete.

I myself run an onlineconsole gaming website devoted to Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2. We have the only still running full support site for online dreamcast gaming. I personally feel that if you were planning on bringing SVC Chaos, Metal Slug 5, or KOF2003....or maybe even.....Samurai Shodown Zero...to the sega dreamcast, that you could experiment with adding online support for these games.

You wouldn't have to set up any servers, or anything like that. You could simply add a feature where 2 users could directly connect to one another via an IP address. It seems like this would be a rather simple protocol to impliment, and it would require no server support on your end. It would allow 2 gamers to directly connect their systems via each others IP addresses and let them be able to play against each other online. Websites, forums, chatrooms, and message boards built by fans like myself serve as the communication gateway for allowing the gamers to meet.

Another reason why I feel networking these games is sorely needed, is because US and EUR gamers do not have a way to play console 2D fighters online. The only game available is CVS2 on xbox. Japan has many fighting games that are playable online, and even cross console compatible.

Creating games where users could directly connect to one another to play a game online could be a huge breakthrough as a source of revenue. Just look at the die-hard neo-geo freaks out there. If you released Metal Slug 5, for the dreamcast with direct user to user online compatibility, even though people would be buying their AES or MVS carts, the option to play online with a fellow neogeo fan across the country would be too tempting. The die hard neogeo fans woould have their AES Metal Slug 5 cart, but would also be buying that dreamcast Metal Slug 5, to play against their fellow neogeo addicts.

I wish SNK the best of luck, and i am very happy with your current business model. Your marketing for SVC Chaos has been excellent, and has gotten a lot of people to take notice.

--
Best regards,
LordNikon

if anyone else would like to follow up to playmore on some of the issues i had brought up to them feel free to email them at: info@snkplaymore.co.jp
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:34 pm
quote : #5
tell us when you get a reply k.. this is interesting

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:57 am
quote : #6
We need more people to email them.

Kontact, try going to the mail DCEmulation forums http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=36

and tell people to email Playmore!

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:22 pm
quote : #7
Metal Slug is one of the greatest arcade games ever created.
Posted:
Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:22 pm
quote : #8
did you ever get a reply, nikon?

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:22 am
quote : #9
ive email that company before and this is my 5th time emailing them and yet no replyys anyways i would love to see metal slug get published on the dreamcast, im telling you after i saw metal slug X on the PS1 console i swear i wanted to barf my insides out, the sound was horrible, the pixelazation was horrible, heck they should of realeased it on snes if the game was going to look and sound that horrible