Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
When looking into why WWP went offline the best explination seems to have been that the Titus server may still be up but sega europe took down the redirect/login server. Due to sega taking down that server which was discoverd by lordnikon you now cant reach the Titus server.

A similar thing has happened to Pal Q3. The pal Q3 game is still up, i.e the rooms to play in still exist but the Q3 pal players cant get online. I think this is related to the WWP problem, the redirect or login server is gone so pal Q3 has no where to connect too. Can anyone find out what server Pal Q3 queries and see if its the same as the WWP one?. This would be interesting to know.

The last part of my post is about Gamesharks, exploders etc. Could one of these not be used to redirect the Pal version of Q3 online?. I know PSO's private server uses a save to rediredt online players, is somthing similar not possible for Pal Q3?. This may have been good too for WWP but unfortunatly we dont know the address of the WWP server to redirect it too Sad .

Finaly my apologies as I may be speaking total bull in this post but somtimes my mind likes to theorise.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:05 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If I had a PAL version of Quake 3 I would be able to investigate it more. In the end your better off just getting a US copy of Quake 3 which can never go offline.

By the time one has spent enough hours tinkering to get a PAL copy functional again, you could have worked the hours at an average job to cover the cost of a new US copy.

Just not worth the time when a solution is 20 bux away.

In the end sega will be taking all those eur Q3 servers down anyways.
Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:48 am
quote : #3
LORD ... I know the OC birthday is coming. PM me Ur addy and I send U my PAL quake for free.
Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:52 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
If I had a PAL version of Quake 3 I would be able to investigate it more. In the end your better off just getting a US copy of Quake 3 which can never go offline.

By the time one has spent enough hours tinkering to get a PAL copy functional again, you could have worked the hours at an average job to cover the cost of a new US copy.

Just not worth the time when a solution is 20 bux away.

In the end sega will be taking all those eur Q3 servers down anyways.

I could get Starlancer for 20 bucks but I wont as frstly I consider its too much for an old game and secondly I cant afford that most of the time. There will be more Pal Q3 players out there like me who may like a file to get online but wouldent invest 20 bucks in a NTSC copy. I have NTSC Q3 already this was just an idea to try and help other offline Pal players. As it has been done with the Pirate PSO Server and I remember it happened with Maximum pool too to redirect to the PC servers then I didnt think it was beyond the realms of possibility for Pal Q3.

That was nice of you Grubensau, I too was prepared to donate my Pal version of Q3 to medical science as well.

Laters