Topic: Did you know.....

Page 2 of 2
twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:22 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Well those Dreamcasts pictured on a couple of sites showing the pipes were probably pre-release demo models sent to the press for review. Though the site link in my first post is from the UK. Perhaps a few of the demo models made it to US soil. And knowing Sega's love for money I am sure they sold off their stock of demo units.

I purchased my DC 2 months after the US release (the Dreamcast was released in Japan first) and it is a second generation unit but curiously it has Sega's code name for the Dreamcast: "Katana" on the motherboard.
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:02 pm
quote : #17
they do exist. I have a pal machine with the pipes in it. (It was from sega europe before the DC was officially released.

The statement form sega was also correct though, as even this has a fan in it. All DC's have a fan. This has a pie in it instead of a massive heatsink thats all. Its also not water cooled as peop le think. Its gass filled and it circulates from an electric connetion on the motherboard.

Cheers
Q
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:54 pm
quote : #18
Ahh a rare pipe fanned Dreamcast at last. Gas filled you say? LOL Some tech sites say Gel and some say water just goes to show ya that not all sites have the truth.
Yeah the DC was released first overseas so most of the first gen systems are there.
Well I am finally relieved to know that at least one alternatively cooled DC exists.