Topic: Hackers maybe on the way..

Page 1 of 1
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:23 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I meet a guy who I have talking to quite about it those hacked servers and he told me some good news and then it good quite bad... here is it in short

The homwbrew servers are now free of harmful hacking in every ship... in addition they have made ships were no codes at all can be used at all! The admins play the game alot and simple asking them will get things done (like those hack free ships) what is bad is that it has been asked that they have it so you can hop to the official Pal servers ... meaning a massive influx of hackers (o ya look at those big words!) coming to are problem free way of life ... ill post more about this when I talk to him again if they do it play UK PSO will be quite different but you need to rememeber not everyone there is a hacker (thats why they made the hack free server) but still there must be quite alot of them ...

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:22 am
quote : #2
same amount of hacking on eur and homebrew i think, just homebrew can be more extreme (lvl 1000. colored names)
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:42 am
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Maybe there is a way Sega europe could prevent people jumping from home brew servers. The other possibility is if it happens Sega europe will simply shut the Euro servers.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:50 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
75% of the people on the homebrew servers are cheaters and hackers. Recent statistics shown by their site have revealed only so many people on the legit area. Most all are cheaters and hackers.

So the server is redirecting users with US copies to PAL servers?

Well in any event this is bad. This reinforces my motives to keep the discussions about these servers off this site as well as not support the homebrew PSO servers. Once again DC PSO could die because of cheaters and hackers. First they completly destroy and get the US servers taken offline....now they are going to do the same to the PAL version. They have no respect.

This is important information, so keep it coming DCmagic.

TIP: Also if this wave of cheating starts to invade PAL PSO, organize games with fellow OC PAL legit gamers....password your games....and play in random lobbies.

BTW: The only people I will allow to replay to this topic are those who play PAL pso or those who don't play DC PSO at all. Other people replying will obviously violate rules of the site....thus why various posts have already been deleted from this thread.
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:59 pm
quote : #5
ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOSE if he does release the code ... appears he knows what he was doing and thought when I asked about it again to ask if he would make it well he did and gave me the code ... hope to god he doesn't release it or ill pay some geek at school to hack his PC lol omg i feel sick Crying or Very sad well he likes my site and all and I did ask him not too release it maybe he willn't (come on respect don't fail me now!)

il keep you updated

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:58 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is just typical, that all this starts happening now, just after I made my post expressing concern about hackers......

Oh well, lets just hope this doesn't happen.....same as Blast said though, can't sega stop this....im sure they would be too happy about this, plus wouldt they all need valid access codes to get onto the PAL version?

Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed Dreamcastmagic, keep it coming

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:07 am
quote : #7
No, they wouldn't need valid access codes ... just think if US servers were up and u hoped on 2 the UK servers, it doesn't check them again not to mention they would only work connecting online to US servers. This is why u can't use US PSO series with UK PSO. Its kinda like going into a mall once your inside the door you can goto what ever store u want (the store being Uk servers)

"This is just typical, that all this starts happening now, just after I made my post expressing concern about hackers...... "

yes its all your fault!!!! Evil or Very Mad Wink Very Happy

np keeping u all updated, its what I do (remember my sn is Joe_news lol)

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:33 am
quote : #8
Type: Pal
I think this must be detectable to Sega europe. Firstly they will notice the online number sky rocket upwards. Then when somone transports from a hombrew to the official there must be a way to detect that. Maybe sega will be able to tell if people transported from another ship ( EU ship ) or just appeard out of thin air. The best thing sega can do is just make the server check serials after every transport, dunno how hard that is to introduce though.

Are the hombrew servers legal?. If they arnt then I imagine opening access to the Euro servers via them is the last thing a homebrew owner would want to do. I imagine its just the excuse sega woud need to start work on getting em closed down. Sega may see this as a future threat to the more lucrative Cube and Box servers.

Laters

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:55 pm
quote : #9
Good news... can't go into detail but he is keeing the lid on this 2 keep it short Very Happy