Topic: It's thinking?

Page 1 of 1
twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I remember one of the marketing gimmicks for the Dreamcast was the claim that the AI in certain games would modify itself to your playing style and that the machine was always adjusting itself to give players a balanced but challenging gaming experience. Does that mean if I exibit total ownage that I could give my Dreamcast issues? Will I give my poor Dreamcast a complex? Laughing I have noticed that my DC just lets me win sometimes. Like when I get totally spanked by a fighter in Soul Calibur that the next guy is cake. One time I defeated Inferno and he didn't even land one hit. I like winning but it is a tad of a let-down when the DC just hands me a victory like that.
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:27 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think the DC is trying to lure you into a false sense of security. Then....when the time is right, BAM! it lays the smack down, and boy does it sting.
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:41 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, it still hurts when I wake up in the mornings.
Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:05 pm
quote : #4
OMG!! I think you are right. There I was winning one fight after another then WHAM I get totally owned. And to add insult to injury the CPU fighter made fun of me then told me he'd see me in hell.

Sensitive people could get a complex with this type of abuse.
Posted:
Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:46 pm
quote : #5
I beat the hell out of my brother almost every time I play him. He gets really mad sometimes, so I'll let him win.
Posted:
Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:34 pm
quote : #6
No I never get mad at my DC but I seriously think mine has a sadistic side. Especially when it plays as Cervantes and impales my character with both swords, lifts me into the air and hurls me out of the ring. And I wont even mention what Asteroth did to me once. Ooo that evil laugh still haunts me.
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:25 pm
quote : #7
I like to use Astaroth's spin move thing that makes him look like a girly ballerina.