Topic: f355 Nazo-Drift

Page 1 of 1
rogokos
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Are there any f355 racers who can actually drive without exploiting the physics model and using nazo-drift? It is very detracting from the experience when there are purists who drive the game the way it was meant to be played and you have the nazo-drifters who aren't really employing any skill. There should be two segments of f355 racing. One for full simulation driving and one for the nazo-drifters. I actually kinda find it quite sad that the internet rankings have been relegated to nazo-drifters only. They shoulda made a simulation and nazo-drift section there too. NO NAZO DRIFT!!!! HAHA I drive the game as if it were real life and I do very damn effectively well with grip. I'm just overly-purist I guess.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:48 am
quote : #2
rogokos wrote:
NO NAZO DRIFT!!!! HAHA

what exactly is nazo-drift?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
rogokos
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:10 am
quote : #3
Nazo Drifting is a type of drift where it totally defeats the purpose of the physics engine. It can only be done with a steering wheel. When entering a turn, you purposely induce a slide by going into the turn much faster than you would normally be able to drive though. By turning the wheel left and right very rapidly it somehow defeats the physics and prevents the car from sliding right off the road from excessive speed. If you go to the internet rankings and see the guy who placed first on all the courses, download his driving data. Play it back from the drivers seat perspective. That's nazo drifting. Apparently the guy mastered it. I'd like to see him drive nazo-drift in real life. [Sarcasm]

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:19 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, I've heard about Nazo drifting...I know jools, for one, considers it to be hardcore blasphemy in the realm of F355. And I also hear Nazo Drifters manage to get better times then most players who do it realistically. Isn't Nazo Japanese for 'mysterious' or 'mystery'?

Just a question though: if Nazo is taboo, then why isn't Hiro?
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #5
rogokos wrote:
Nazo Drifting is a type of drift where it totally defeats the purpose of the physics engine. It can only be done with a steering wheel. When entering a turn, you purposely induce a slide by going into the turn much faster than you would normally be able to drive though. By turning the wheel left and right very rapidly it somehow defeats the physics and prevents the car from sliding right off the road from excessive speed.

ahhhhh i dig. thanks for the heads up. and since i dont own a wheel, you can count on me to do things as Yu intinded!

throw somthing in the scheduler, if its at a time im avaliable, ill show up.

what time zone you in rogokos?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
rogokos
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:02 pm
quote : #6
Yeah, nazo-drifters do accomplish low lap times that aren't even possible in a real F355. That's why it makes it so funless. I'm glad jools considers it as that. The shift-technique is legal by all means in my book. When I spent about 50 dollars a week on the arcade unit I only played with the clutch. The dreamcast shift technique allows one to shift as if they had a clutch and were dumping the clutch superfast while still giving it revs. As for all the grip racers, I am open to a challenge anytime you can find me on AIM. My screenname is digif0rm. The 0 is a zero. I live in California so I'm Pacific.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:34 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
So it's impossible to do it with a controller? What if you do it by accident? I guess you would only get crucified for it if you were doing it consistantly eh?
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 8:23 am
quote : #8
rogokos wrote:
Nazo Drifting is a type of drift where it totally defeats the purpose of the physics engine. It can only be done with a steering wheel. When entering a turn, you purposely induce a slide by going into the turn much faster than you would normally be able to drive though. By turning the wheel left and right very rapidly it somehow defeats the physics and prevents the car from sliding right off the road from excessive speed. If you go to the internet rankings and see the guy who placed first on all the courses, download his driving data. Play it back from the drivers seat perspective. That's nazo drifting. Apparently the guy mastered it. I'd like to see him drive nazo-drift in real life. [Sarcasm]

Is Nazo-drift work with all racing wheels ? because I have an Ferrari Thrumaster Racing Wheel (not sega official) and It seem me that is not effective

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 5:46 pm
quote : #9
i actually stopped playing this game coz of all the 'nazo' bollocks that was going on.... it was SO annoying to be dumped right down the back of the grid or even not qualify coz of those cheaters

i HATE that nazo thing so much!!!.... those nazo drifters dont need to stick to a racing line, and can crash repeatedly in a race and still win.. plus it looks absolutely crap on the replay with their car jerking about all over the place.. i havent seen any nazo drifters since i started playing again though Very Happy and i hope it stays that way.
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:02 am
quote : #10
Yes i think Nazo-Drifting is very uncool. The vast majority of racers feel the same as us. But there is a small group of old drifters who defend the technique at pub40.ezboard.com/bracingline
I've just came from an argument there about drifting (in the Network Race Meetings thread)
Drifters can run a race on full acceleraion, without touching the brake or lifting off. It's worth 15+ seconds per 2 or 3 laps at some tracks.

I hear it requires skill, but it turns the best hardcore racing simulation into a Ridge Racer style arcade game.

What bothered me was when 1 Drifter always done it in races with other Grippers.

Yeah ROGOKOS, there's plenty of Grip-style drivers. We met every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00:00pmGMT for the big races.
Race reports by Lonewolf10 at f355.tsx.org
It's cool to see replays with full grids of 8 cars.

There's a Grip World Championship once a month. It's on the first Tue/Thu meet of each month. Fuka-san from Japan won on Tuesday. The next Champ's is Thursday 1st July. i'll put it in the scheduler soon.

Don't let the Nazo-Difters put you off. There's very few these days, and no-one who can do a time out of the Grippers reach.

It would be cool to see some of you guys at the races. I already know Tao and Wormy, who's been setting the track alight. A future World Champion? Me thinks so.

Last edited by jools on Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:09 am
quote : #11
i definately think wormy is gonna win a championship very soon, he's damn good! Laughing

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:59 am
quote : #12
actually, a few days ago i raced FUKA at MOTEGI and he was trying to do the nazo-drift... he got an insane qualifying time with it, but smacked into the wall at the end of lap 2.. right in front of me Very Happy, it was quite a funny replay... wouldve been better if he was racing normally though (like he usually does) coz i got a pretty decent time, (mid 2:39). screeeeeeeccchhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:25 am
quote : #13
Yes, this is one fast worm. Top tip for a podium place at the next World Champs i think, just missed out by a couple of points on Tuesday. Dunno how a worm sprays the champagne tho. Come to think of it, how the hell do you reach the wheel + pedals?

I've not seen Fuka drift for ages. But when he did he gave me a big headstart Smile That was the closest race i've ever had, i got pipped by 0.001 seconds!
Never seen a dead heat yet.

When i was learning, Fuka ran with Auto gears to give me a chance. I'm sure he was just messing about in that race and knew he was gonna munch a wall.