Previous  1, 2
twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:18 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Umm that is not the true reason.
Every time a game is cancelled someone claims that it's because of Bin Laden. They stopped it because they felt the game had no future with a dead system. The fault is Sega's and not the World Trade Center disaster. Lots of games have been released with planes and skyscapers in them since then. I have even seen the WTC in flight simulators for the PC. Microsoft FS 2002 to be exact. But there is a patch that takes the WTC out of the game if you want to.
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:20 am
quote : #17
That IS the reason. The game was put on an immediate hold on Sept. 11th. Then it was cancelled.

Sega released a letter saying that they were truly sorry about the events that unfolded on Sept. 11th, and wouldn't want to do anything to upset familys involved with the tragedy.
They postponed the game for a couple of weeks, but then gave up on it and cancelled it.

Sc4rfac3
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:18 am
quote : #18
yep it was. it was goin to come out the week after 9/11. sega postponed then cancelled it.

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:48 am
quote : #19
WTF?? Well that was a stupid move on Sega's part. Well not quite as stupid as killing off the DC just as it was getting momentum but a stupid one nonetheless. Giving up potential millons in game sales just to be politically correct is idiotic. I still find Sega's motivation for cutting their own throat a bit peculiar. They make a great game of course but if they were to decide to make a new console I wouldn't buy one. The DC debacle still has me shaking my head in bewilderment. I'm afraid they'd suddenly kill it off like they did the DC.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Dreamcast and fully give it the props it deserves. It's the company I am disgusted with and I won't purchase any of their games for other systems in protest. I don't care how good they are. It's like blasphemy seeing Sonic on the X-box, PC, and GC. I am sure if Sonic had a choice he'd do a few spin dashes up-side the company president's skull.
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:07 am
quote : #20
The attacks on September 11th were very tragic and real.
Sega didn't know how to react, and didnt want to do anything that would confuse or upset customers. So they postponed it... which is fine. Cancelling it was the stupid movie on Sega's part.

This happens to games and movies, but they are rarely cancelled. Movies like Collateral Damage, or GTA 3 came out around that time, and they were all postponed, not cancelled.
I am also going to boycott games on other systems, and warn my friends. That still wont stop me from buying DC games though.

Laters.