Topic: memory card mystery:

Page 1 of 1
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 9:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
and so i went to my local store to get me some memory card for my dreamcast since i needed the damn thing for fire pro wrestling d so i decided to pick up a nyko this device does two things one it vibrates and second its a memory card and for the $2.99 price tag its not bad unfortunately those people on that store didnīt know that the actual memory card on that device had 800 blocks not 200 blocks so thats actually pretty good. plus i picked up a third party controller also since i need that for the game also.now the bad news this incedent happen to me twice already and it all started when i was trying to transfer a save game from nyko to another memory card ((third party kind)) and it keeps saying transfer was unsuccesfull so after that and fidling here and there when i tried to see what was wrong with the other memory card not the nyko one but the other ((third party memory card)) the same one that havent gave me any problems at all since i got it one of the save game files i got on it which was metropolis street racer its still there but unfortunately the damn thing had a white circle & a red X on it which means the damn thing has been trampled with and when i tried to load msr with that thing on it its acting like the saved files that was on it was bogus like it didnt exist now im saying to my self what the in the blue hell its going on in this picture now im scared to do anything on that crackerjack memory card yesterday alone the damn thing took another victim i just lost my ikaruga file so im back to square one again Evil or Very Mad damn you third party memory cards from now on im sticking to vmuīs. anyone here got this going on in there memory cards:?:

hrb2k3
rank 7
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 9:58 am
quote : #2
a vmu file with a red X icon doesnt really mean the file is corrupted. it might mean the file isnt linked right in the user blocks of the vmu. you can try to use VMUTOOL to try to fix it. it has a hex editor to open the whole contents of the vmu. unfortunately, i'm not real experienced with hacking vmus and how to relink file contents.
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2004 10:10 am
quote : #3
i havent tried that yet but i lost 3 more files on my memory card on tuesday and one of them happens to be the file for PSO ver.2 oh cruel faith thatīs just wrong Evil or Very Mad

hrb2k3
rank 7
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2004 10:36 am
quote : #4
by lost, do you mean deleted? or red X?

do thhe blocks of your save and free blocks equal 200 blocks?

i know gameshark can make files disappear.
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2004 10:40 am
quote : #5
i mean a red x and one of the memory cards that i have also is saying its got 159 blocks for example and the only thing thats showing in there thats in there is a file for nester which is 2 blocks ((i dont have the actual nester thing there it was there when o bought it and decided not to tale it out just in case if i get one somewhere down the line)). but anyway its messed up the other day i almost smash the system in half because of that horror.gamesharks does that also hmmm... never knew that to happen.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #6
i had this once, a file showed up as a red X, also some files on my vms, if i dont use them for a while they remain save files and load but the data is wrong, like the wrong level or not as much money or something, tres bizarre