Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2004 7:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is a notice to users regarding the account creation process and I felt it very important to bring it to everyones attention. With PBA Bowling 2001, the leaked unreleased DC online game, you connect to GameSpy to play the game online. Unlike other games such as StarLancer where you are automatically directed to a matching service, you must login to GameSpy to start playing. I'm going to list some point for point facts about the account creation process so this is all easy to understand. The information I have learned is as follows:

#1. You cannot use a pre-existing GameSpy account with PBA Bowling.

Why? - Gamespy uses email+password authentication. There is no @ symbol in the letters on the PBA Keyboard layout.

#2. You must create an account from within the game.

Why? - Because there is no other way. (See #1 and #3)

#3. Do not login with this account at GameSpy.com or GameSpy Arcade/GameSpy 3D

Why? - Gamespy uses email+password authentication. The PBA Bowling Account sets your in-game user name you choose as the email address. Whatever name you set when creating your account, is really being stored in the email field of the user account.

WARNING: If you change your profile information at gamespy.com or one of gamespy's programs, you will not be able to change it back to just the name, which pba recognizes. The authentication will error out asking you for a valid email address with an @ symbol. You'll risk being unable to access your PBA Bowling account and lose all your statistics if you attempt to edit your account from anywhere else besides the PBA Bowling 2001 dreamcast game.

-----

I felt it extremly important to bring up this information as many people are wishing to swap GameSpy userid's when it comes to PBA Bowling and 4x4 Evolution.

Note: PBA Bowling doesn't even have a buddy list feature, even though it signs into the gamespy system.

Keep your 4x4 EVO and PBA Bowling accounts seperate. This is essential. Many users will want complete control over their 4x4 EVO account because you can add users to your buddy list from GameSpy Arcade. 4x4 Evolution is fully flexable, allowing you to control your account from the gameitself, the web, and any gamespy software. To retain this amount of control with your 4x4 EVO account keep your PBA and 4x4 accounts different.

This news thread will eventually be merged into a PBA Bowling 2001 FAQ guide under tech guides in the near future.