Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
asha
unknown
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 9:20 am
quote : #46
profile : pm
I dont know if this has been said yet but i found loads of people shareing it on Shareaza on the eDonkey2000 & Gnutella2 networks. (also some torrents shareing it)

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 9:30 am
quote : #47
asha wrote:
I dont know if this has been said yet but i found loads of people shareing it on Shareaza on the eDonkey2000 & Gnutella2 networks. (also some torrents shareing it)

yeh i said something about irc and bittorent having it the 1st day it was leaked, and it was bound to be on all the othe p2p progs sooner or later. it's a shame that it happened but it was inevitable it would happen. anyhow looks like ill be buying it as soon as i get the money, no computer here. Sad
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 12:01 pm
quote : #48
Quote:
yeh i said something about irc and bittorent having it the 1st day it was leaked, and it was bound to be on all the othe p2p progs sooner or later. it's a shame that it happened but it was inevitable it would happen. anyhow looks like ill be buying it as soon as i get the money, no computer here. Sad

lol you really confussed me when you said "no computer here" i was like how the fok are you on here?? then i realised your probs on DC or in a internet cafe why dont you try asking a mate with a cd rewriter to download and burn it for you?

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 12:38 pm
quote : #49
asha wrote:
lol you really confussed me when you said "no computer here" i was like how the fok are you on here?? then i realised your probs on DC or in a internet cafe why dont you try asking a mate with a cd rewriter to download and burn it for you?

yep im on my dreamcast, my computer's cpu burned up guess from to much strain lol.

bad thing is i dun have no friends here cause i dun get out much. my only option on borrowing a computer would be from my sis, but her computer is old doesn't have a burner or a dsl or cable modem hookup. so i'm pretty much stuck to buying a copy when i get the cash.
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 12:44 pm
quote : #50
Type: PAL
I'm one of the contributors that sent the money to Servicegames. At the end (and I feared it) the selfishness of some people to be the first "releasing" the game and have their nick or name associated with the NFO file of Propeller Arena have caused that the game has been leaked on the net. They have not worried about the donators, only about his warez glory, it really shows that is not possible to trust that people. After this I can say that I would never contribute again for something similar in the future. I understand Servicegames post perfectly.

Silent Marauder
rank 6
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #51
Service Games would have gotten many more donations, I think, if he had posted some actual proof that he had a working copy of the game. All anybody had was his word, which - on the Internet - does not amount to very much if it's the word of somebody whom one does not know personally. Shots of the game running on a TV and a pic of the GD-R would've gone a long way towards convincing people to donate.

Look at the SDC hoax to see why absolute proof of anything is required from an Internet source.

I am fairly certain, though, that this "untrustworthy" Dreamcast community is intelligent enough to recognize who spent $1500 to get PA released, and donate accordingly.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2004 4:49 pm
quote : #52
did this premature release actually make them loose more money? people were just going to download it three days later on wenesday then on sunday. i mean those who were gonna donate didnt change their minds did they? they do it for support, becuase why else would someone do it? it would take longer to receive it if someone wanted to order then downloading it in 1 hour. and both ways there arnt any less legal issues if someone is afraid of copyright laws. just my vision on these "anti selfish leecher" emotions.