Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #106
profile : pm
I went w/ simplesimon, but, HE WAS NOT THE CHEAPEST. I just didn't want to get my bid rejected and/or have to deactivate a game key and have a broken jewlcase. I actually checked simplesimons store when i first ran across his link on the boards but didn't see PSO listed.

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:50 am:

Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Chile wrote:

Hilarious! That's just a burnt copy that was topped off with a CD labeler kit. Nice try though, it would be much safer to get your copy on a P2P rather than buying it. Just remember, Sega didn't release the game, so if you buy it, the seller is making money that Sega should have made, thus making it somewhat illegal. Be careful on what you bid on.

But he's honest about it. Says what it is, printed inserts and a CDR. If Sega wanted to make money off of it, they should have released it. I hope who ever does buy it, will rip it to the net to increase circulation. I am already trying to get a copy through a P2P, but that isn't that easy since the sources I found don't even have 100%

I just spent a whole lot of money today anyway, might not buy this game at all. But for the person that does, PLEASE RIP IT TO THE NET. Its more fun when you share!

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:26 pm
quote : #107
Mr. Spank wrote:
I went w/ simplesimon, but, HE WAS NOT THE CHEAPEST. I just didn't want to get my bid rejected and/or have to deactivate a game key and have a broken jewlcase. I actually checked simplesimons store when i first ran across his link on the boards but didn't see PSO listed.

I never said Simplesimon1966 was the cheapest. I certainly don't use that as the measuring stick when it comes to international bidding and shipment. I said he has great customer service. He's very willing and able to work with international bidders, which is more than I can say for many sellers on eBay UK.

Quote:
PLEASE RIP IT TO THE NET. It's more fun when you share!

It's already all over the net. That's where the seller got it in the first place. Both the game and cover art are all over the place. Even a novice user can assemble the same package for free in under an hour. There's absolutely no reason to pay for it.

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:26 pm
quote : #108
no one said he was the cheapest mate as far as i know, but he is the most reliable ebay games seller i know i use him constantly when i need replacement games and dreamcast consoles and he will ship to the us with out any problems.
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:23 pm
quote : #109
The ripping to the net may sound like a good idea, but after it was in circulation for about 2 months it kinda died down and people lost interest in it. Anyone that has not played this game isn't really missing out on much, the soundtrack is kinda cool, but as for actual replay, you got maybe a day before you move on to something else.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:51 pm
quote : #110
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
The ripping to the net may sound like a good idea, but after it was in circulation for about 2 months it kinda died down and people lost interest in it. Anyone that has not played this game isn't really missing out on much, the soundtrack is kinda cool, but as for actual replay, you got maybe a day before you move on to something else.

It all depends on the individual. I play this game regularly. Atleast once every week or so. Its great to just flip on and play some 6 player bot matches. but thats just me i guess.
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:22 pm
quote : #111
My printer sucks, so if someone can make a nice package for me, and its already burnt, I don't have to sit around waiting for it to finish DLing, that is nice, I like that, not going to buy it though, shelled out enough (read as 'too much') money on Sega stuff this year.

I say rip it because I am not seeing it, so its not that available. Someone have bit torent of it? Messege board says not likely a site has it for DLing, so ripping it would increase the likelyness of me running into it online or P2P. That is my position on that.

And my little fetish makes me want it!! Its sick, I know, but since I got Half Life, I want more unreleased stuff. And I like arcade-ish flyers. If only my ID4 (for SS) wasn't so hard on the eyes.

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:39 pm:

also, I am thankful for the link to simon, and that I will get PSO. I have never had problems with customer service before. I was denied a bid for tthe first time for a copy of PSO v2 PAL after I had contacted the seller asking if he would ship to USA. I did with all the sellers who said it would be fiine. One even posted my question on the listing, but the listing still said UK only, and I didn't want to get rejected again and went w/ simon. And if we are going to brag about ebay customer service, Yamatoku is the man! I have gotten lots of Jap Saturn games from him, at increadily fast rate from him. Stuff shipped faster from Japan than California! Not expidiited or anything. And great communication before the sale and after.

Isn't this thread about Propeller Arena? Well let me end my post this way then; I can't wait to fly through tower city in 1940's fighters! Its like a fix, and I need it or I'm going to get all twitchy.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:25 pm
quote : #112
Mr. Spank wrote:
I say rip it because I am not seeing it, so its not that available. Someone have bit torent of it? Messege board says not likely a site has it for DLing, so ripping it would increase the likelyness of me running into it online or P2P. That is my position on that.

And my little fetish makes me want it!! Its sick, I know, but since I got Half Life, I want more unreleased stuff. And I like arcade-ish flyers. If only my ID4 (for SS) wasn't so hard on the eyes.

Have you tried eMule? That's where I pulled it from, and it was widely available last time I checked. eMule has a good error checking and confirmation system, so I've never encountered any file troubles with it.

As for Propeller Arena, I'm in Nikon's camp on this one. It's a very well done game, and it's thoroughly entertaining. I often can't wait to run down and pop it in. It's a shame it was never released or playable online.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:53 pm
quote : #113
simplesimon delivers in a flash! it took 5 days to get PSO from uk to australia, very happy!
what makes propeller arena fun is all the tricks you can do with your plane... and the nuclear bomb. it's fun playing with friends too.

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:28 pm
quote : #114
Simplesimon1966 is a good seller, I have bought off him myself a few times when I have been short of Atari 2600 joysticks etc. I also recommend another good Ebay seller (besides me! lol), Retrocrazy.com are always a brilliant company to deal with. Nicola and Ralph run an excellent and friendly business.

Both of those two companies ship extremely quickly and worldwide, both are based in the UK. They always have good quality games for most formats old and new!

All the best!

Kizzy

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:52 pm:

Oh, out of interest. If anyone needs UNUSED OFFICIAL PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 1 CODES THEN RETROCRAZY.COM have some. They are for PAL version, they would be handy if you have bought a second hand copy of the game and need new Serial and Access codes.

www.retrocrazy.com is their site.

I will post this on the PSO section as well.

Kizzy

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 pm
quote : #115
you know, I never said he was a bad merchant or anything like that....

So with how many friends can you play with in this game?

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:53 pm:

and eMule is what I am using, and the only source I seem to find is one that is halfway done, and one that is 0 done. I have the 1/2 one completly, waiting to finish...

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:59 pm
quote : #116
PA has 4 human players for a max of 6 with 2 bots.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:00 pm
quote : #117
(I know you did not say bad seller, just pointing people to some good ones!)

Prop Arena is upto 4 players. I hated it when I got it a few months ago. But a friend came round to play F355 and we ended up playing Prop Arena instead FOR SEVERAL HOURS!

Great multiplayer game!

Kizzy

Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:47 am
quote : #118
how do i end up gettign a copy

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:47 pm
quote : #119
for anyone who wants to get it via bittorrent, try out a great forum place called dc forums, they host torrents and are quite helpful. that should just link to the site so you will have to join the forum and search for it as you cannot view the forums without being a member. other than that i would suggest googling for it. its not too hard to pick up. thankfully i got mine from suprnova.org before they got in trouble and now charge people to use the service.

http://dcforums.net/index.php?act=idx
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:34 pm
quote : #120
I foregot I got rid of my Sharaza, what is good for managing bit torents?

Also, I was watching the video for this game, and it shows a Net Work menue that has a server address input option, if this is on the leaked version, then is it possible to direct it to login to a different server than those that have been bought by Nokia? Also there s a option there BBA settings. I was at the other forum that the guy above linked, and was in the torrent secttion and someone posted a liink there where it mentioned a differentt version than tthe one that we all have, and it was there that I saw the video, I got to go now, so I am nott going to link it now.

In the video it also shows that this game was going to be compatible with the microphone! This game would have been aces!