Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:57 am
quote : #61
profile : pm
ok so which program converts the rar to nrg?
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:50 am
quote : #62
Type: NTSC-U/C
Download WinRAR to un-zip the cdi image (a rar is like a zip file)
www.rarlab.com

Then download cdi to Nero to change the image to a .nrg
http://www.dcemulation.com/files/needed/cdi2nero099.zip

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:23 pm
quote : #63
thanks man, i downloaded winrar but the link to dcemu doesnt seem to link to a file just to the site, the site has changed its url, it is now .org, maybe this has effected the files location. i am downloading disc juggler to see if that will help at all. meantime if anyone can find the file/program to convert rar files to nero files please let me know. ta
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:36 pm
quote : #64
You don't 'convert' RAR files to Nero files.

RAR files are zipped, compressed archives.

Nero image files - NRG - are CD image files.

Within the RAR is the CD image of the game. Unzip it using WinRAR, and ..voila. Whoa.

If the CD image is an MDF or CDI file, use Alcohol 120%, not Nero, to burn it.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:36 pm
quote : #65
I just d/l cdi to Nero from the link I posted, so I guess it's working again.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #66
ok well i got the file (prop arena cdi) to download, have extracted it with winrar and now am trying to burn it with disk juggler, there is an option to burn a cd juggler image to a cd and when i click that it doesnt recognise the file type and closes down but when i go to burn a plain cd it works but comes out as an audio cd, so i used a drop down to change it to a cdi and it just closes down again, i will try the link again, did you merely click save target?

ok heres were i got to, i downloaded the converter program and it went on about there being 2 tracks and when i tried to burn the converted file it got to 97 percent and said it couldnt complete it for some reason or another, i will download the file again as i deleted it, i think it was corrupted, i deleted an info file that came with the image maybe that did it? well when i tried the disc that got to 97% it booted and then the screen simply went blank. can someone post the site name for where the file that works can be downloaded from? only the one i keep getting must be wrong. cheers for the help.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:57 am
quote : #67
The first track of a DC game is an audio file, and second track is data. So your PC will see the game as an audio CD due to the first track.

Getting a corrupt is kinda normal, I d/l the game 5 times, all corrupt files. If you get another one check out the link below for how-to fix it.
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17116&highlight=#17116

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:25 pm
quote : #68
ok i downloaded it, converted it and got 2 files one was a cd image and the other was info, which wouldnt work so i deleted the info file. then tried to burn it but nero didnt recognise the second track, said it could only do the first or something. and i cant download it 5 times cos i only have a 2 gig hard disk and 1gig is taken up already!!
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:08 am
quote : #69
Check out the link I posted before, it's the same problem I had.
If you need help you can reach me on AIM, SN astagholiday

Oh and you use Notpad to open info files, otherwise then wont open. There was nothing you needed in there, so no loss.

Na'Ryan[UK]
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:30 pm
quote : #70
Ultrapro are you using Nero 6 to try and burn thr image?
If so nero 6 don't work for dreamcast images.
Nero 5 works fine but not Nero 6.
Dunno what they did but they broke something.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:29 pm
quote : #71
hey man thanks u guys for all the aid, happy happy news, i just burned it and got no error messages or shit like that and it works perfectly!!!!!!!!! i cant smile enough this is like the best night ever! thanks holiday and everyone else who helped with this, yakumo, cheers man!!!

off to play propeller arena!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:27 am
quote : #72
Well I just downloaded this game 2 days ago in a newsgroup server and all I can say is that this game really is sweet. Too bad it's not going to be online at all (using gamespy or something), but I can imagine how good this can be played by people over the net. The controls are sometimes snobbish to certain tricks, but all in all, this is a really good game and the graphics are just awesome.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:19 pm
quote : #73
yeah man i find it hard to pull of tricks while fighting, how do i know when i can do them during championship mode? is there some trick bar i need to watch or something or can you just do them all the time?
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:44 am
quote : #74
Type: NTSU-U
Na'Ryan[UK] wrote:
Ultrapro are you using Nero 6 to try and burn thr image?
If so nero 6 don't work for dreamcast images.
Nero 5 works fine but not Nero 6.
Dunno what they did but they broke something.

I have been able to burn a couple of dc games using nero 6. A selfbootable mame game and dcx.
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:09 am
quote : #75
what website can i download it from?