profile : pm
But... is it a fun game?

Me needs review.
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:23 am
quote : #77
Type: NTSC-U/C
I myself did not care for it. Part of my dislike of it stems from the limitations of the Dreamcast controler. The way you perform moves is along the lines of a fighting game. I'd rather use the D-pad for those moves than the analog stick.

The game looks nice and has a great soundtrack, which I enjoyed more than the game itself. It's a punk rock soundtrack and really lends itself to the game's atmosphere.

There were a good amount of unlockables, but the single-player was lacking. Again, this part of the game resembled a fighting game, having you take place in skirmishes. There was no real 'boss' character though. Multiplayer is where it's at, or so I've heard. I have not tried this portion of the game out yet.

The only game that is similar to Propeller Arena is Crimson Skies. (I reworded it, ok?) If you liked Crimson, you would probably like PA. I did not like it, but other members here did. It's a love-it-or-hate-it game.

-Mytho

Last edited by TheMytho on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:57 am
quote : #78
prop arena is an awesome game, its got brilliant graphics, controls and sound, ok it has no real story but hey, the combos are much like fighting game combos, and in that same sense you have to have timing and patience to pull them off. the control works well and the whole thing is very cool!
Posted:
Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:41 am
quote : #79
I like Propeller Arena a lot, but I also like Crimson Skies. Both good games, but multiplayer makes the difference. It's a real shame PA never got to be played online.
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:41 pm
quote : #80
questions. if the game is 100 complete while half life is still beta why is it that half life can be purchased at dcbackups but propeller arena is only available for download. this is craptastic news for those of us who do not have cd-rw drive or true comprehension of the burning process. if anyone would be willing to make a copy for me, i'd be willing to pay good money. neone besides SG and his scam? Question
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:53 pm
quote : #81
i saw one on ebay recently spelled propellor arena
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #82
I apologize if this is old news, but I tried the F355/Virtual On combination to see if there was a hidden system link feature in Propeller Arena (which would have been a really good idea, and very probable since Aero Dancing (another plane game) has it.). Upon doing so, I found that if you hold the left and right triggers on the menu screen, you'll get the option to view a museum of all of the planes. I did this without loading any saved games so I wouldn't know if it's all planes, or just the ones that are currently unlocked. I'm assuming that it's the latter of the two.

Again, I apologize if it's old news (I tried the search, but it didn't come up with anything relevant.), but it's new news to me and hopefully a few others who find it interesting.

Dreamcast ™

Last edited by Dreamcast â„¢ on Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:02 pm
quote : #83
what do you mean wings? I'm so confused...... Embarassed
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:08 pm
quote : #84
Sorry, I meant triggers on the back of the controller.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:20 pm
quote : #85
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
I apologize if this is old news, but I tried the F355/Virtual On combination to see if there was a hidden system link feature in Propeller Arena (which would have been a really good idea, and very probable since Aero Dancing (another plane game) has it.). Upon doing so, I found that if you hold the left and right triggers on the menu screen, you'll get the option to view a museum of all of the planes. I did this without loading any saved games so I wouldn't know if it's all planes, or just the ones that are currently unlocked. I'm assuming that it's the latter of the two.

Again, I apologize if it's old news (I tried the search, but it didn't come up with anything relevant.), but it's new news to me and hopefully a few others who find it interesting.

Dreamcast ™

Woah kool! Imma have to try this out. Man sweet discovery Dreamcast™ Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:28 pm
quote : #86
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Sorry, I meant triggers on the back of the controller.

oh ok. COOL! That's awesome!
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:52 pm
quote : #87
ill need to try that also
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 am
quote : #88
Type: PAL
just wondering where can u download it from?
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:03 am
quote : #89
mcmonkey wrote:
just wondering where can u download it from?

There's a P2P called DC++, try that.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:20 am
quote : #90
Type: PAL
thanx mate ill giv it a go when i get home.i was jus wondering is it region free; what would i hav to enter in the search engine to find it and is there any sites i can download it off as it would be quicker