1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 9:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
PSO looks realy good.
ages ago i wanted it on xbox but i didnt get it cuz of cost.
now on DC its free Surprised Laughing Surprised witch is realy kool.

but i heard there is lots of haking and stuff, is it all true.

just is there eny hak free servers or eny way not to get haked?

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 9:20 am
quote : #2
Hacking on the official PSO servers isn't really much of an issue as long as you use some common sense and know the right people. If you wanna know the "right" people just ask. Smile

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 9:48 am
quote : #3
That's one of them right there ^
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 am
quote : #4
yeah man, theres zero to none going around now, i havent seen hacking in ages, cos the us servers went down then all the hackers got gamecubes. as long as you hang with guys like us or know people already who will meet you and give you a good game you will find that hacking will probably never be a problem for you on dc. and its better on dc than xbox anyway, the xbox has pop up issues and the analogue stick is about 10 times slower than dc
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #5
Indeed.

Also, try to avoid anyone that is level 200 and/or yells a lot. There are still people around that will do strange things like shrink you or charge your mag's photon blast to 400 (it usually only goes up to 100). I haven't seen any really destructive hackers, but I have had people jump into a non-passworded game and then just run around killing everything in sight with some weird weapon that kills in one hit with 1000 or more damage per strike.

You won't meet many people like that nowadays (mostly the only people who are on the Dreamcast servers are the more "hardcore" people who realy just love playing PSO on the Dreamcast), but there are still some bothersome people out there (although like I said, they're usually not too destructive to you).

Just be cool, be polite, and you'll be fine. The few hackers that are still on the Dreamcast servers will usually understand if you just say, "I want to play legit, but thanks for offering to help."

Good luck.
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:34 am
quote : #6
also a lot of people like to play the hacker, i used to get a lot of people threatening but couldnt ever back anything up, for instance if they didnt know me and i just turn up in a lobby where they hang, they would start spouting of and counting down from 5, but they're just jack asses, they trick is telling the difference. better to just avoid anyone you dont know unless a proven friend introduces someone to you
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 4:36 pm
quote : #7
im hack free, its the way 2 be! (along with my events, one tonight!) Great way to meet new people when your new to PSO and get your guild card around with some cool ppl.

Event info:
Location - Dione Block 1 Lobby 1
Time:
UK- 1am

wait r the servers online again ... last time I tryed I couldn't get on (a few days ago)

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 4:41 pm
quote : #8
I was online last night, no problems. I played an early game with Ninja and a late game with DaMan.
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #9
Hacking isn't that bad on the PAL version; there are some dupers and cheaters here and there (Sam R Eye v2 *cough*), but you'll be able to build up a guild card list that is entirely comprised of legit players very easily. I know that almost everyone that posts here at OC is legit, and some of them are on quite a bit, so you'll have no troubles finding a game.

Malicious hacking is something I've never seen--ALTHOUGH I've been THREATENED to be NOLed (basically, a hacker will change your character to a low level and change the way they look) several times, but I can only assume that it wasn't going to happen.

In fact, the only thing you really have to watch out for at all is duping. Simply because dupers cause FSODs (Frozen Screen of Death, there's a high chance that you won't get out of this without losing some items) by just having weapons that were cheated to use. This is especially true in v1; I've had 3 FSODs and all of them have been when I was playing with dupers (some I didn't know they were until later).
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 6:17 pm
quote : #10
Can't get online with PSO for some reason Im starting a new topic

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #11
ok thx 4 the info all,

who knows a good place to get pso cheap in the uk?

i also heard that sum of those haked items will remove ya saves if u touch 1!

EDIT:i just looked on amazon

pso v1:£7.45
pso v2:£17

can people from v1 play with people from v2 and go on v2 servers?
what is difference with v1 and v2?

Lee
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 2:43 pm
quote : #12
...which are the prices I posted in a few other threads along with links. Check for internation shipping if applicable though. Ordered mine (£7.95 v1) on Friday, should be with me Monday/Tuesday.
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 6:43 pm
quote : #13
Well what Sega did with V2 was add V2 only servers and other modes only V2 players can do. So if I set up a game I get the option of making the game V1 or V2. V1 and 2 players can play online but you really should get V2 its a overall better game ie: more content!!

maciver
banned!
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 12:14 am
quote : #14
Since some of us are new to PSO what do hacked items look like/level/color... How do we tell if it is a legit item? I played with Sonic today and he had given a Mag to someone and they said it was a hack, but he didn:t know either. I don:t mind getting a weopon or item from someone but I dont want hacked items. I want to play and earn the extras, but sometimes when you are low level a good weopon is the diff between life/death like my autogun+6
I had a +4 the diff in damage was 6-8 to 14-18 maynot seem like much but when 2 hits will kill you it matters... I want to be fair but also stay alive... Ifyou can tell me whats not good I can avoid those nd grab a legal item to use...
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 7:06 am
quote : #15
most hacked weapons are fairly normal, if this is the case then it is merely a duped or pre created item, but if it is something like a A/AA/AA/ twin +99 then its obviously hacked. weapons with names like that are code generated, and things that have +99 are invariably hacked, also check the stats if they all say +60% next to a stat then that is also a hacked item. best to just not pick anything up unless you know the guy who has dropped it