Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well I havn't been online for like a week or so because I was really busy. I finally get a chance tonight with my event and of course the game doesn't work. I know the server was having problems early this week but PSO players from UK say its online again. Well I tryed many times just 10 min's ago and it loads and loads after connecting online and then gives me a message saying the server may be down, you know the one. I know something must be wrong because it would have given the message much faster. am I the only one having these problems??? Nothing has been changes since the last time I played online. I tryed both the Utopia and Code Breaker boot disk but get the same problem with both but I really don't think they could be the problem.

EDIT: Im using the Juno Test account which is now not working online, I guess that was the problem, I hope ill post back later

EDIT: Tryed all others and none work ... so much for me playing my DC online Crying or Very sad JunoTest was the only account that worked for me and now with it gone so will my weekly events unless my friend Tweeg (Game Player S, or GPS in StarLancer) can pick up were I left off, he said he will try to be at them but things do come up, with the new site I hope to keep more up to the min with that or have a event once a month or something that he can be at for sure, ill be looking for a free ISP that works in the mean time which could "take days, weeks, months, who knows" - Eeyore (Winnie The Pooh)

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 11:12 pm
quote : #2
Just in case you didn't see my other post, try this one and see if it works.

Megapop.net
Username:newsignup@outdrs.net
Password:3781881
Dial up # find at megapop.net/locationbystate

I hope this works for you, i tested and it works here in Amarillo, Texas with a local number. I don't know if theres a local number in your area but there was a ton of access points for each state so there is a good chance that you will be back online in no time. Smile

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 2:31 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
There certainly seems to be a few problems with the servers at the moment. I am currently having no problems at all connecting, although I am using the BBA in the UK.

I know blast said that he was having a lot of trouble the other day, he could connect for about 2 minutes and then was booted, or the connection was lost.

One thing for sure, is that the servers are still online (just this minute been on to check), it just seems that connecting has become more difficult for some reason. If this continue, I think someone will have to get onto sega-europe again, to find out what on earth is going on.

I have to say as well, that it seems that there are less players on the europena servers these days, and that seems to be ever since they took down the access to the Japanese servers, So I suppose people who used to play on both Japanese and European servers are not playing as much anymore or perhaps not at all, so that seems to have reduced players. Now if this continues, more players will be lost....kinda makes me wonder if this is sega's way of winding down the servers so that they can say they are not used anymore so they can shut them down....perhaps its my imagination, but it does seem possible to me?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 4:46 am
quote : #4
freshcut_t70 wrote:
Just in case you didn't see my other post, try this one and see if it works.

Megapop.net
Username:newsignup@outdrs.net
Password:3781881
Dial up # find at megapop.net/locationbystate

also tested this out, matter of fact i'm using it right now to post this msg. but the thing is this connection will only work for 5 minutes at a time then it disconnects on me. it's ok for viewing the web but for gaming i would prefer another connection.
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 8:23 am
quote : #5
hmmm well ill try it, hope it works thanks freshcut for the ISP info. You know I used to live in Texas (Denton) Very Happy

EDIT: well just Tappro said it connects after 5 and then disconnects on you, man ... looks like I might have to sign up for a ISP, but i don't have the cash to waste on that right now.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #6
hope sega arnt usin this as an excuse,

this is amkein me worried cuz i might be gettin the game.
n e way now is the 18th of may(i think)duz it work now?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 3:52 pm
quote : #7
ya its online, im not my ISP that isn't ... I found a list at DC help (never been to the site much and didn't see it) ill try it out tomorrow way to busy for games tonight

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 9:55 am
quote : #8
PHEW! thank GOD!