Page 1 of 1
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey
Quake III Arena is the best game ever online when you actually get connected with real people, but...
Usually when I get on a server, it's either a map full of bots, or on that space map where the only gun you can use is the railgun, and I can't freakin' stand that map

has anybody figured out a way to find out if there's real people on a server?
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 8:37 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea these are the clan servers that various Q3 DC clans run. Its rough when those are the only servers available. If you go to info for a server and the players have 0 PING usually means they are bots.

The OC servers should be back up soon.
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 9:32 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, u know what else is annoying? People who frag you while your chatting. I fucking hate those people.
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:27 pm
quote : #4
Sorry for bringing back an old topic, but I just HAD to comment about that space map. I LOVE that space map, it's practically tthe only map we play at our LAN parties. Granted we usually have about 8 computers and only 1 DC, but no one complains. ... I just realized, there are about 5 different space maps. The one we always play on is q3ctf4 on the PC, and dcmap22 on the DC. If that's the one you were talking about, then yea, we love that map =P

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:02 pm
quote : #5
satoshi wrote:
Sorry for bringing back an old topic, but I just HAD to comment about that space map. I LOVE that space map, it's practically tthe only map we play at our LAN parties. Granted we usually have about 8 computers and only 1 DC, but no one complains. ... I just realized, there are about 5 different space maps. The one we always play on is q3ctf4 on the PC, and dcmap22 on the DC. If that's the one you were talking about, then yea, we love that map =P

what's wrong with bringing back an old topic?
anyways, I've gotten accustomed to that space map, so now I like it a lot more than when I was complaining about it. I just don't like it when somebody gets on the jumper thing in the middle and stays on it so he can't get hit and jumps up and down, killing everyone else.
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:26 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think that the space maps are allright, but I can't stand mods. Which is why I hosted my pown server for a while. Then I left the state, and that became impossible.

But once the OC server(s) is/are back, you can look forward to plain old vanilla Quake III, which is a godsend when you just want to have a no-bullshit fragging session. As for chat-killers, that sucks, because trying to say anything using the DC pad and onscreen keyboard takes forever, as opposed to just bambing out a text string on an actual keyboard.

People, be courteous. Please don't chat-frag, unless the other player is a chatty bitch. Chatty Bitches belong on IRC. It's true, Jesus said so. (See Penny Arcade if you don't believe me).

blade
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:14 pm
quote : #7
hey i jsut recently started running a Dreamcast server, becuase im playing online more now and i thought it'd be cool ot play in my own servers. But recently i starting running the instagib+ mod.... is this bad? and should i jsut get rid of it? also what maps do people like to play and what game mode do u guys like? Embarassed btw the server is usually called Blade's (insert game mod or mod here) server Razz btw and feed back or suggestions are always accpeted Shocked

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:12 pm
quote : #8
That's great news. I think if you establish some good parameters on your server that promote straight forward fragging, you'll attract a lot of gamers. If I were to offer any suggestions to you, they would be as follows:

1 - Keep mods to a bare minimum, or better yet, don't include them at all. Several servers get mod happy, and for most players that leads to a frustrating experience rather than a great gaming experience. I think having a server that retains the core essence of Quake as it was designed will bring good gamers to your site.

2 - Don't allow chatty Cathy's to sit there and chat away while hogging a playing slot. Saying, "Hi!" and "great game," are good things to do, of course, but don't allow people to sit and chat in spectator mode indefinitely. Boot them off after a certain short time period. Don't get me wrong, I think fragging someone in the game who is chatting is kinda cheap, but if you're in the arena, you're in the arena, so watch your back.

3 - "Blades" a pretty good name, just make sure you pick a cool server name, stick with it, and keep it open. It's hard to remember many of the servers out there. If you pick a cool name, and keep it online, people might actually remember it and return.

Those are just my thoughts on it. Thanks for creating another Quake server for us to play in.

How are my little crackers doing today?
blade
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:18 pm
quote : #9
alright getting rid of the mods ;P also should I run the dc_SS maps? since they are pretty much the maps that arent in the Q3 PC edition i thought it would be awsome to play them :)

Posted Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:36 pm:

Embarassed n/m, looks like DC doesnt find any servers that use dc_ss maps, not sure if it finds the map 01 but i dont think anyone wants to play that map Razz would've been cool to run dc_ss maps, but i think you'd probably have to input Ip well, running official map pack now Razz and the server is up just look for a server called blade's erm something Razz should be the first one Very Happy