Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2004 7:30 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm still working on a big tutorial on this, but those who wanna get into it early are more than welcome to. So here is the quick quick version:

4x4 EVO allows you to sign onto gamespy and track your gamespy buddy list, which is called 'playerspy'. Signing into your gamespy account in 4x4 allows you to see when your gamespy buddies are online or offline and send them PM's if they are online.

If your on a PC you can sign in with this same account, into the software 'GameSpy Arcade'. Here you can view the same exact buddylist that comes up on your Dreamcast in 4x4 EVO.

From GameSpy arcade you can see when users are online and even send PM's from your PC to a friend CURRENTLY IN 4x4 EVO on their Dreamcast.

However, you can't be logged into both the game and gamespy arcade at the same time.

In order to add 4x4 EVO users to your PlayerSpy you can do this 1 of 2 ways:
#1. Both users must be online with 4x4 EVO and signed into gamespy, and you can add each other to your PlayerSpy list.

#2. Knowing your friends gamespy ID before hand, sign online to gamespy arcade from your PC, search the user and then add them to your list.

This is an enmormous tool for online gaming. I hope people start taking advantage of it. If you have read what I have written and understand the implications it has, then you realize how this will impact online gaming with 4x4 EVO. This makes things a whole lot easier and will promote more online gaming.

A larger fuller feature tutorial with image shots will be up in the coming 2 week.
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2004 9:38 am
quote : #2
hey nikon, you coming to the game tonite? i havent been on for a while as i have been in the gym alot and then, rather stupidly, gone drinking afterwards. i will hopefully be arranging a game or two at some point, once i run out of money and am housebound! good oportunity to use the advantages of gamespy. c u guys there
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2004 9:40 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
ultrapro wrote:
hey nikon, you coming to the game tonite? i havent been on for a while as i have been in the gym alot and then, rather stupidly, gone drinking afterwards. i will hopefully be arranging a game or two at some point, once i run out of money and am housebound! good oportunity to use the advantages of gamespy. c u guys there

Check game org forum for a thread on the event your referring to.
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2004 9:43 am
quote : #4
yep found that thread thanks, sorry. i love the features for this game online i just hope more people will join games and get accounts to join up.
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:35 pm
quote : #5
i just had my first online session, but no one was racing for real Sad

http://www.pcc-online.net