limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 11:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey
I just bought F355 Challenge yesterday
It's probably the hardest racing game I've ever played, even harder than Metropolis Street Racer. actually, it makes MSR look almost as easy as Sonic Adventure.
I've tried over and over again, on the first track, I forgot what it's called but it's the oval one with one side bigger than the other. the fastest time I could ever get was 39'018 or something like that. then in the race, the best I could place is 3rd. Can somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or that I'm not doing right, or something?
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 5:07 pm
quote : #2
i love F355 and am getting back into it again after a long break

It is pretty hard at first Smile

if you are just starting on this game you should first learn the easy racing line on the training ... then, when you can go around the tracks without crashing ..try going online

Online u can see other players race in the replay .. when u see some real fast times you will be like.. holy crap, how the hell did they do that!!!! Smile
Check out the F355 homepage from the game menu, and download some of the fastest lap data from the top 100 uploaded times, this lets u watch some fast replays in great detail

after watching lots of replays of online races and practicing offline lots.. your lap times will get better and better as u see at what points on the track you are losing time against the other players.

(Only bother with the bottom ranks in the homepage though.. 99th or something.. coz almost all of the top times are done with the unrealistic cheaty 'nazo drift' slidey crap, its been a while since i checked the homepage.. hopefully it isnt ENTIRELY filled with those daft unrealistic sliders.. i mean, this is meant to be a realistic racer!!!)

happy practicing, see u online Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 6:22 pm
quote : #3
As Wormy says, F355 is extremely difficult at first, but once you get the hang of things, it offers the most rewarding driving experience out there.

Just keep practicing, and try using the tutorials and ideal driving lines. This is a game where you actually have to use your brake and throttle controls realistically. Some people really benefit from using a steering wheel with this game too. Try using the regular controller to get the hang of things, but if you don't see much improvement after that consider a wheel. My friend's wife, who rarely plays games, smokes him head-to-head if she uses the racing wheel and he's using the regular controller.

I try racing quite a bit, and the best I can manage is probably an occasional 3rd or so against the CPU drivers. Practice, practice, practice.

How are my little crackers doing today?
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 6:28 pm
quote : #4
once you have got some more practise in, you will be able to whoop the CPU Very Happy

oh, btw, KingofGrills, are you by any chance 'Mr Griller' on F355?

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
If your trying to play with manual transmission, slow down coming into turns...while slowly downshifting as your decreasing speed. Flying into turns too fast will cause you to wipe out. Also be carefull not to hit the gas while on grass, you will peel out and spin in circles.

The best way to practice is to just play some time trials with no cars on the tracks and slowly get your skills down.