Topic: version one and two

Page 1 of 1
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
what are the main differences between the two. I would like to get a pal copy of one of them to play online?

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:14 am
quote : #2
Well, with version two you get:

Challenge Mode,
Battle Mode,
Version 2 quests
Version 2 weapons
Version 2 armour
Version 2 Mags

and of course the ability to join a version 2 game. if you have Version 1, then you can only make or join a V1 game, which can be annoying as about 90% of the people on there are version 2.

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:18 am
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Also with V2 you can take your charecter to lv 200, its only up to lv 100 in V1. In Ultimate mode on ( level 80 plus ) V2 there is also an extra boss at the end of forest. On top of that V2 also has the challenge dungeon and lobby football.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:14 am
quote : #4
Even the bosses for the other 3 areas in ULT mode are different than in the other 3 modes (Normal/Hard/V.Hard) although the forest boss is prodominately the most different being Ice rather than Fire.. Shocked
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:59 pm
quote : #5
I finally got to Ult mode the other day (lvl 80) but Im 2 weak to play even the first room!!! My only V2 wep takes zero damage off of those huge monsters, the size was shocking on screen ... I can't wait to play the forest boss, hope its the biznatch haha

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:06 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
DreamcastMagic wrote:
I finally got to Ult mode the other day (lvl 80) but Im 2 weak to play even the first room!!! My only V2 wep takes zero damage off of those huge monsters, the size was shocking on screen ... I can't wait to play the forest boss, hope its the biznatch haha

Was that the first time you ever got to ULT ever? Man I remember when I made it to ULT(was on cube though). It was like bizarro world. And the monsters OWNED ME. I got my ass handed to me on a platter with all the trimmings.
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:27 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
DreamcastMagic wrote:

Was that the first time you ever got to ULT ever? Man I remember when I made it to ULT(was on cube though). It was like bizarro world. And the monsters OWNED ME. I got my ass handed to me on a platter with all the trimmings.

Absolutely. The first time I experienced ULT was at Lv 77 (offline after beating V-Hard Dark Falz) with my HUnewearl. I was getting rocked until I realized that I had one gun with a decent Native % that could do a tiny bit of damage to the Ultimate/Forest monsters if and only if I used the standard attack, had shifta on myself, and had jellen on the monster. Oh wait, I was still getting rocked. Very Happy

And the Forest boss? By the time I was strong enough to get there, let's just say I was glad to have a state/maintenance and a nice collection of scapes.
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:56 am
quote : #8
I never had any problems fighting in Ultimate Forest with Dark Spy. Guess I was just lucky... Smile

He was near level 80 before I attempted Forest and I only died twice with the Sil Dragon. Mines and Ruins kicked my metal self up and down, though.

-Mytho

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:31 pm
quote : #9
The first time I got DaMan ( US) file corrupted I would spend about 20 minutes running around doing next to no damage on the monsters.

and the 2nd time with Agent Smith I had to use EVERY weapon and tech and still got my butt handed to me .
needless to say I decided to go back V-hard and play thru ALL the quests after that I could make decent progress in forest and after taking out the Sil Dragon with both DaMan (current ) and Smith ,Caves started to do a similar boot to the backside.
dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:59 pm
quote : #10
quite ironic really but i got my v2 copy back last week and really wanted to play online again as my char wasnt corrupt any more when i put him onto V2 (not sure why but what the hell my char is back so im happy as)

shame though cos ive got college exams for the next 2 week so i cant play online but soon as they r done ill be back on cant wait to play with u guys again.

ps just these exams r important so ill have to wait for online while i revise i just about got on to post.

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill