Topic: controller mod possibility?

Page 1 of 1
SonicArcade
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was (attempting) playing Q3A with the wacky (but only wacky for FPS's!) Dreamcast controller, and I realized... would it be possible to change around a DC controller so the analog is on the right, and the A B X Y is on the left? I don't know how I would go about doing this modification yet, so I guess I'm asking if anyone knows how this could be accomplished? And, if anyone has done this before, does it help at all? I'm not sure how well my left thumb would do with the button setup. Replies would be helpful, I'm getting really pissed at my copy of Q3A ;)

Posted Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:59 pm:

Sorry I didn't mention this beforehand, but better yet, are there any 3rd party controllers with the D-Pad on the left, and the Analog on the right? I just realized that if it was in that layout, the Digital could be used for movement, and analog for vision.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:52 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
OhhhhK here is the deal. Myself and others have searched far and wide for a controller with the analog on the right side. There is no dreamcast controller that does this. Also there is no way to "mod" the Dreamcast controller itself to do this.

However me and Kontact are currently working on a way to mode a PS2 dual-shock controller to use the right-side analog for vision(looking). I need to call him so we can get moving on this, he has been busy sorting out his arcade stick at the moment. We will be posting a full tutorial on how to solder it and build it. It should be very easy.

I am really excited because it should allow a lot more people to start playing Q3 in a more comfortable way. It will hit front page news and a full guide will be posted once we have it working.
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:48 am
quote : #3
In the mean time, look at my Quake III Controller solutions below.
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
quote : #4
maybe an xbox controller even.
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:58 pm
quote : #5
Just want to re-iterate our experimentations with playstation dual shocks fell through. We can't find any schematics to aid in re-wiring the controller. So I guess it's stick with the DC pad or set up a really convenient mouse and keyboard setup.
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:04 pm
quote : #6
that blows
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:12 pm
quote : #7
SonicArcade wrote:
I was (attempting) playing Q3A with the wacky (but only wacky for FPS's!) Dreamcast controller,

Sadly it's also very 'wacky' when ti comes to Capcom/SNK fighters. Sad