Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just wondering if it was ok for us to discuss the beta version of bleemcast that was leaked onto the net. If anyone doesnt know go to http://bleemcast.no-ip.com/ and click on the word bleemcast on the top of the page to download.
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:57 pm
quote : #2
i hope so. cause i tried 3 times and i cant burn the fucking thing.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #3
its not that great, if you can actually get a playstation game to boot its most likely that the sound, graphics, controls are messed up. Still you may get lucky and fine a game that runs alright.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:29 am
quote : #4
I didn't get my copy from that source, that site's a mess. Overall it's not that good. I use it to play Gran Turismo 1, NFL Xtreme and ISS Pro 98. Metal Gear Solid definatly doesn't work on the BETA.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:42 am
quote : #5
-=Pennywise=- wrote:
its not that great, if you can actually get a playstation game to boot its most likely that the sound, graphics, controls are messed up. Still you may get lucky and fine a game that runs alright.

Quite afew games work near flawlessly with the beta. Einhander, for one. There are many others.

If youre having isssues burning it, use DiscJuggler and ensure 'raw burning' is on.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:36 am
quote : #6
i finally got it to burn. just to let everyone know, cdi2nero dose not work with this immage. i thought i was outta luck, cause DJ dosnt work on my system. but tao reminded me about A120, and it worked like a charm. i tested my entire ps1 collection, and the one game that ran close to flawlessly was Syphon Filter. just the normal sound skipping and slowdown.

is there a way to save on the beta? i know in the individual game disks you can format a vmu, is there a way in the beta?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Lee
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:44 pm
quote : #7
None of the games I've tried would save, I tried different slots and controllers but nothing.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #8
Metal Gear Solid runs perfectly with the original Bleem!cast they sell at Lik Sang or wherever you ppl buy your DC games.

Same goes with GranTurismo and Tekken3

VMU, FMV, hi res and rumble support etc

....They'll all -not- work with the BETA

Chris
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:12 pm
quote : #9
It's to be hoped they do since that's their purpose as unique game booters!

The best bet to get hold of the official Bleemcast! releases is to go to Lik-Sang. I know none of the computer games shops around me stock them because they'd have to order them in bulk and since there isn't a demand they just ain't gonna do it.

But yeah, only a limited amount of games will play on the BETA. A couple of the best IMO are Gran Turismo & NFL Xtreme. Only Arcade mode works on GT but NFL Xtreme plays fantastic.

So once again, only bother with the Bleemcast! BETA if you're using it as a test run. Just don't expect many games to work.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #10
-=Pennywise=- wrote:

Id agree.
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:16 am
quote : #11
Lee wrote:
None of the games I've tried would save, I tried different slots and controllers but nothing.

ok, how bout this.... dose anyone own one of the bleem official releaces? is there a tool to format your vmu? cause i heard it takes a dedicated vmu to play those. so i assume it formats the thing.
so, if anyone out there has one of those bleemcast disks, can you try to save a game from the beta on the dedicated vmu?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:06 am
quote : #12
MasterChief wrote:
Lee wrote:

ok, how bout this.... dose anyone own one of the bleem official releaces? is there a tool to format your vmu? cause i heard it takes a dedicated vmu to play those. so i assume it formats the thing.
so, if anyone out there has one of those bleemcast disks, can you try to save a game from the beta on the dedicated vmu?

I own the official bleem! MGS release. You can format a VMU just like you would format a PS mem card. BUT formating won't let you play any DC games on the card; and I'm unsure if the formated VMU will allow for the bleem! beta's to be played on.
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:10 pm
quote : #13
hey tao, did you get the beta yet? when you do, just give my theory a shot. probably wont work, after all it is the rough beta, but its the only shot.

oh, and onr more thing, anyone have the ps controller converter for the dc? maybe the buttons work. i remember seeing a bleem pod on ebay once, maybe its just a average converter, and the button recognition is all in the sortware. again, just a theory.

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:49 am
quote : #14
Hey, I just tried the psx to dc controller thing. All of the buttons except for the d-pad are mapped rong. (ex, X is Triangle) However, when i was playing R6:LW, when i pressed up on the Right Analog Stick it shot. This means it does have support for double analog, the buttons just arnt mapped right. Crying or Very sad
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:33 pm
quote : #15
I have the Bleemcast beta disc, as well as the 3 releases for GT2, MGS, and Tekken 3, and the Bleem specific VMU that you format with the game specific discs should work with the Bleemcast disc.

The Bleemcast disc is obviously not worked through completely, and I do know there are a couple of compatibility lists floating around out there on the net. Here's a link to one of many sketchy lists out there. Just make sure to scroll down a ways to get to the actual beginning.

http://bleemcast.no-ip.com/

I read that Bleemcast was only about 35% complete when it was halted. The basic engine was done but tweaks had to be done for some audio and graphic streaming from the game disc. There are also slowdown issues on some games that weren't resolved either.

It's a good novelty disc to own, and some stuff does work well - I was just playing one of the Final Fantasy games a couple of days ago. If you really want a good Bleem disc though, get the original PC version. It was completed and runs much better on PC. Just beware that it is not compatible with Windows XP. It will not boot on a machine running XP.

How are my little crackers doing today?