Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Stark Rhavyn
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Or sometimes called Gundam Renpou vs. Zeon DX.
I just got this game (I'm a big Gundam fan) and love it! But I wish I could find a translation of all the text and menu's. I haven't found a good faq (or really any at all since the only one on gamefaqs is for the arcade version) that will tell what all the options are. Has anyone played this import game long enough to figure out what all the menu's mean? For example: I read that it has a multiplayer on it but I can't find that option.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:45 pm
quote : #2
i have the us version of 0079, how dose it compaire?
translations are a bitch, but there some really good ones at gamefaqs.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Stark Rhavyn
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #3
I got Side Story 0079 (sometimes called Rise from the Ashes) too! Isn't that game great! I love it. Comparitively, the controls in FvZDX are quite a bit differente. You can't boost around nearly as easily. The weapons are a little easier to control though. And it's in a third person perspective. But it is just as detailed as Side Story! And just as fun! There are lot more suits too. It'd be more fun if you could understand all the text. There is a lot of text!
I didn't see any good ones for this game at gamefaqs.
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:06 pm
quote : #4
Both Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes, and Federation Vs. Zeon DX are awesome mech games. Federation Vs. Zeon DX is not widely known in the states since it was never released here, but it is definitely worth picking up. Capcom was the actual game developer instead of Bandai (Bandai published it), and it shows in the gameplay.

Unfortunately, the menus are a bear to get through, so I haven't quite figured them out yet. I have not figured out how to start a multiplayer game yet (if it's even possible).

Most game reviews list Frame Gride as the best 3rd person mech game to import from Japan, but I prefer playing Federation Vs. Zeon. If you don't have Federation Vs. Zeon, it's definitely worth tracking down.

Gundam rules!

How are my little crackers doing today?
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:37 pm
quote : #5
i really enjoyed frame gride, if Federation Vs. Zeon is even better, i gotta check it out. no adaquate translations arround hu?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:34 pm
quote : #6
I haven't found a translation on the net for Federation Vs. Zeon yet, but that doesn't mean it's not out there. Anyway, you can definitely get a game going without knowing Japanese, so it's not nearly as difficult as many other Japanese imports. I own Gundam Battle Online and Gundam Battle: Gihren's Greed, and they just sit there. Crying or Very sad

Plus, Federation Vs. Zeon has a built-in demo in the tutorial, so given that and the fact that Capcom developed it, I'm guessing it originated as a Japanese arcade game.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:16 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
yea this game originated as an arcade game. It looks GORGIOUS on the dreamcast. It's graphics completly blow me away. It comes on 2 discs. This game is so definatly worth picking up. A translation would definatly be helpfull but is not required to play the game. This game even was online in japan with a matching service.

I plan to track down some translation information for this game. I'll post with my findings if I come across anything.

Amazing game, and one of the games that truly shows off what the DC can do.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #8
Definitely! I totally agree with you, lordnikon.

I love 0079, but Federation Vs. Zeon BLEW ME AWAY. It really is a showcase game for the Dreamcast. Too bad it was never released in the states (go figure).

Just on a side note, did anyone happen to catch the July (maybe June) issue of GMR Magazine? They have an editorial feature in the back called the "Game Geezer," which is a sometimes humorous and often insightful look at the gaming industry. Anyway, the topic of the article was console upgrading, and how it is silly that people are constantly looking for the next big thing. The featured console used to point out this stupid trend was...you guessed it, the Dreamcast. Basically, they said the Dreamcast had great games, graphics as good as or better than the consoles out today, and that there was no good reason it wasn't still a leading console of choice today.

Sorry for getting sidetracked there, but it's games like Federation Vs. Zeon that prove that theory right.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:49 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
kingofgrills wrote:
...Just on a side note, did anyone happen to catch the July (maybe June) issue of GMR Magazine? They have an editorial feature in the back called the "Game Geezer," which is a sometimes humorous and often insightful look at the gaming industry. Anyway, the topic of the article was console upgrading, and how it is silly that people are constantly looking for the next big thing. The featured console used to point out this stupid trend was...you guessed it, the Dreamcast. Basically, they said the Dreamcast had great games, graphics as good as or better than the consoles out today, and that there was no good reason it wasn't still a leading console of choice today.

Do you have this? Scan it if you can and email me the image or something. I would love to read that Very Happy