Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just wanted to say that Outtrigger is actually my favorite game and always has been since it came out. ^_^ No need for this topic, but just wanted to let everyone know that I love OT and i love UT almost as much. It's a shame. The two best dc games (and FPS') are the ones that can't go online... hmph. Perhaps someone could do what the guys from PSO did... that would be nice. but I'm counting on hell freezing over before OT and/or UT go back online. ^^

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:20 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Well Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

I did play OT online a few times and it looked quite promising Smile . I did play UT once but I wasent at all keen on it. Heres the worst bit, I thought Q3A kicks both thier arses in nearly all departments. Im not a FPS fan but still think Q3A ruled for the DC.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:22 pm
quote : #3
they are great games and while i dont know the possibilities of ut coming back on i know for sure that ot wont come back. this has all been covered before and i will sum up quickly that games such as outtrigger and ooga booga and i think afo and prop arena were using a certain software/server software that is now owned by nokia, the only way we could get them back online is if they sell that software or someone makes there own exact duplicate, unlikely nigh impossible. sorry man, just enjoy them with friends round your house thats what i do, impress and turn as many people as you can to the dc scene
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:15 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, I figured OT would never be coming back... but hey, maybe UT still has another life to live... who knows. But yeah, that's what I try to do... Every friday night we have game night in my dorm, and we go back and forth between xbox friday and dreamcast friday. It's amazing how many people never played the dreamcast, yet when I bust out a game like OT or even something like power stone 2, they go crazy over it. So, I'm trying to build the DC following, mainly because I love the system so much, I just want everyone to be able to witness what a great console it was, is, and will always be. So, yeah, OT I guess will never be coming back, but at least there are other games that still rule and STILL blow away most of the next-gen console games. So, I guess, as you said, i'll just keep having dreamcast friday and trying to expand the DC scene. Thanks for all of your responses. This is a pretty cool community.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:40 am
quote : #5
Outtrigger is an amazing First Person Shooter and one of my favorites of all time. An Arcade style Dreamcast exclusive FPS. I show it to people and they are amazed. The game is pure genious and has butter smooth framerate. I played this game online with many people here at OC for months before it finally went offline. So much good times in that game. Outtrigger runs on sega SNAP networking software and probobly won't be coming back online. I have spoken about this many times. Can search the forums for it.

Unreal Tournament could come back someday. However it's chances are slim. Even if it does your talking years of development time to reverse engineer a server. I loved UT online and had some great times with my friend Kontact playing on there. DC Unreal Tournament is the best iteration of the game for home consoles IMHO. Plus the DC version and the PS2 version were made by different developers. The DC version was ported and completly redone by Secret Level. Where as the PS2 version was done by Epic. The PS2 version has no mods...where as the DC version as all types of mods(mutators). In the end Secret Level went the extra mile with the DC version to make it truly special. Which is why I think the DC version stands out so much.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:26 pm
quote : #6
:'( sadly i never bought OT, cause i neevr had the money, now im money galore and OT went offline..... my friend bought it and we played split screen alot, it was very awsome, to bad i never got to play it online, he was able to though.... taht bastard Razz i misse dout on alot of games, like WWP never got to buy that in time either :O