Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:19 am
quote : #211
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
yea this is sweat i tryed playing on the mp maps man it rocked but sucked cause it dont connect to nothing so i was wandering around the maps shooting everything and blowing myself up . is there a way to stop getting the load save game prompt every time u die

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:12 pm
quote : #212
yeah, it was covered around page 4-ish. type deathmatch 1 before loading the map. cmon people, read the topic before you post. It's just as bad as making a topic without using the Search button first. Crying or Very sad
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:32 am
quote : #213
doh i musta over looked it sorry i was missing the deathmatch 1 command

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:37 am
quote : #214
Thats ok. As it is, I've decided that these articles are going to be my last as regards to DC Half-Life, because I currently have 2 other projects I want to work on that supercede this.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:32 am
quote : #215
that sux that your giveing up on half-life . btw i found someone that translated a jp only game called frame gride from jp to english useing the katana sdk r10 . he knows how to use a hex edditor and the sdk's real good . i wonder if he can be of any use for this

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:42 am
quote : #216
He translated and reripped the game with english text?! Shocked PM me I've always wanted to play Frame Gride. Back on topic (sort of): I've had some time with Half Life for PS2, and it's multiplayer seems good, but it didnt' look like it was given first concern. I think it would be possible that Valve dug in multiplayer code in Dreamcast in the hope to release an online patch for some money or something (seeing as they were developing the ill-fated Steam at that time).
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:32 pm
quote : #217
pakkitman wrote:
He translated and reripped the game with english text?! Shocked PM me I've always wanted to play Frame Gride. Back on topic (sort of): I've had some time with Half Life for PS2, and it's multiplayer seems good, but it didnt' look like it was given first concern. I think it would be possible that Valve dug in multiplayer code in Dreamcast in the hope to release an online patch for some money or something (seeing as they were developing the ill-fated Steam at that time).

there was supposed to be steam for dreamcast? Shocked Explain!
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:05 pm
quote : #218
HL for PS2 was developed prior to the PS2 being online, so the only multiplayer action comes from an exclusive 2 person co-op mode or 2 player splitscreen deathmatch. Why they made the deathmatch mode for only 2 players instead of 4 is beyond me. Valve began development on the DC version, and then started developing the PS2 version concurrently. They felt each version should have exclusive content - Blue Shift for the Dreamcast and Decay (co-op) for the PS2. The Dreamcast definitely got the better deal with Blue Shift, because Decay is pretty weak.

The PS2 and Dreamcast versions look virtually identical though, and their load times are pretty much the same too. They also look better than the original PC version.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Mr.INSANE
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:40 pm
quote : #219
kingofgrills wrote:
HL for PS2 was developed prior to the PS2 being online, so the only multiplayer action comes from an exclusive 2 person co-op mode or 2 player splitscreen deathmatch. Why they made the deathmatch mode for only 2 players instead of 4 is beyond me. Valve began development on the DC version, and then started developing the PS2 version concurrently. They felt each version should have exclusive content - Blue Shift for the Dreamcast and Decay (co-op) for the PS2. The Dreamcast definitely got the better deal with Blue Shift, because Decay is pretty weak.

The PS2 and Dreamcast versions look virtually identical though, and their load times are pretty much the same too. They also look better than the original PC version.

Ps2 version had some other enhancments like redone models aswell

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:46 pm
quote : #220
maddmaxx wrote:
that sux that your giveing up on half-life . btw i found someone that translated a jp only game called frame gride from jp to english useing the katana sdk r10 . he knows how to use a hex edditor and the sdk's real good . i wonder if he can be of any use for this

how did you find out about this? links would be great.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:01 am
quote : #221
Mr.INSANE wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:

Ps2 version had some other enhancments like redone models aswell

Actually, the redone models are in both the Dreamcast and PS2 versions. I own both versions, and I've played both to compare the two. The models are pretty much identical. The Dreamcast version looks a bit cleaner though.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:56 am
quote : #222
i found the guy and the game on irc here if u want to use your dc to get there pwchat://efnet.demon.co.uk/6667/#dc-chat
hes not on there alot the only way to get it is from him his name is moonshade
if u want to use the pc u need virc or mirc and go to server efnet.demon.co.uk:6667 room #dc-chat

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:15 am
quote : #223
Chile wrote:
pakkitman wrote:

there was supposed to be steam for dreamcast? Shocked Explain!

No, I meant that they we're, at least at that time, focussed on using the internet as a store where you could download things. Steam had just been announced for PC, but I believe that eventually they wouldv'e announced it for DC as well (it wouldn't be that hard, and it wouldv'e allowed for "microtransactions" like the Xbox360 is pushing.
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:40 am
quote : #224
maddmaxx, you dont need IRC to get HL, just try mininova. there are always about 10 or so seeders.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:48 pm
quote : #225
no morph i wasnt talking about geting half-life on irc i already have the game .i was talking about i found someone that can use the sdk's really good and knows how to use a hex editor he already translated a jap only game into english called frame gride just made all the text into english .
i was just asking if someone of his knoledge could help on trying to get the half-life multiplayer figured out since u are giving up on it cause he might be able to help with it.