Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I know that Porto has posted here two but I'd like to post some more info about this:

There's been a new attempt started by some Portoguese DC fan to bring ATOMISWAVE games to the SEGA Dreamcast. Similar to the NAOMI arcade board (Border Down), the ATOMISWAVE board by Sammy (Guilty Gear X) is nothing less then a slightly modified Dreamcast so it would be very easy to port these games to our little white wonder.

These screenshots were taken from the game Dolphin Blue, a Metal Slug type 2 player and 2 dimensional action game with 3D polygon graphics. If you'd like to support this idea you can sign this petition or -even better- write online a little message to Sammy! The official ATOMISWAVE website can be found here

I think it's a great idea and I'll try to get in contact with the Portoguese author to change the text of the petition so it sounds a bit more professional.

DC Fans unite! Please spread this idea Cool

Chris

Posted Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:37 am:

The link that Max offered to send your opinions directly to Sammy should not be overlooked and I would appreciate if everyone who is interested in an ATOMISWAVE port to DC actually uses the possibility to write a few lines to Sammy:

https://secure.sammy.co.jp/www/contact/index_e.jsp?form=300

Here's my letter:

Quote:
Dear Sammy,

my question is, wouldn't it be a good idea to port available ATOMISWAVE games to the SEGA Dreamcast as it would be an easy task to do so due to the technical similarity of the SEGA Dreamcast and the ATOMISWAVE arcade board?
There is an installed base of 11 Million SEGA Dreamcasts and most users still have a huge interest in buying new games for it. Also there is a huge amateur programing scene and a highly developed SEGA Dreamcast news network all around the world. Recent releases such as ''Puyo Puyo Fever'' by SEGA show the still existant relevance of the SEGA Dreamcast in today's hardware market. In fact the SEGA Dreamcast fan base all around the world is starving for new releases for it - especially unique games like ''Dolphin Blue'' would be highly demanded.
A lot of Dreamcast users have always been fans of Sammy and SNK/Playmore games so they would welcome a new ''Guilty Gear'' or ''King of Fighters'' game with open arms too.

Yours sincerly,

CN

Posted Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:07 pm:

Some recent words from Max aka Freeze - www.Dreamcast-Scene.com - about a 2nd petition that has been started some time ago.

Quote:

Actually, I had contact to Sammy once. Due my experiences with Playmore I noticed that Japanese-based developer are much more friendly to you if you write Japanese petitions.

Currently we have about 300 "real" and 2.000 online signatures and an Japanese translator guy. With the re-opening of DCS in a couple of weeks I also set up some professional petitions in English and Japanese and this will finally go out to Sammy my snail mail.

I am currently waiting for an answer from the author of the above petition to change the 'introduction' text...

Last edited by Christuserloeser on Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:25 pm
quote : #2
I tried this a long time ago along with many other people. Hate to say it but it will never happen, Sammy doesnt care about hardcore fans the way SNK did. All they care about is making money and they know any profits from DC releases is laughable to them. Sucks and this is why the big Sammy take over is a horrible thing, its just going to hurt sega and snk playmore.
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:04 pm
quote : #3
i have to say good luck, but it will never happen.

You can be sure that come October 1st, Sammy will no longer allow any concentration of SEGA funds on publishing third-party DC games. Sammy has no interest beyond buying up all surplus DC stock for the atomiswave in the DC.

When Satome's aim is to shift away from the home market in general, the DC will without question be dropped completely when attention to current consoles themselves will itself be reduced in favour of pushing to conquer SEGA's international arcade space with Pachinko decor.
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #4
i signed the petition and sent a simple message to Sammy. i know its a long shot. but a limited edition game from sammy here and there is atleast plausable in my opinion.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Porto
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #5
thanks for the suport my friends....

[edited for spam violation, please use your signiture for URL's, thank you]

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:43 am
quote : #6
idrepublix wrote:
You can be sure that come October 1st, Sammy will no longer allow any concentration of SEGA funds on publishing third-party DC games. Sammy has no interest beyond buying up all surplus DC stock for the atomiswave in the DC.

Man... I did not even think about that, but now, it seems obvious. Sad

I wonder what the last DC game will be... Whatever it is, arcade port or SLG or otherwise, I'm buying it! I'd just as well not say it to keep from jynxing it, but, I've got that feeling in my bones... Mark my words; Chaos Field by Able and Milestone will be the DC's final swan song. It simply gives you that sort of feeling by watching the official movies, doesn't it?
idrepublix
banned!
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:02 pm
quote : #7
icepick wrote:
idrepublix wrote:

Man... I did not even think about that, but now, it seems obvious. Sad

I wonder what the last DC game will be... Whatever it is, arcade port or SLG or otherwise, I'm buying it! I'd just as well not say it to keep from jynxing it, but, I've got that feeling in my bones... Mark my words; Chaos Field by Able and Milestone will be the DC's final swan song. It simply gives you that sort of feeling by watching the official movies, doesn't it?

Any links to this game and these 'movies' you mention? Not heard of it, want more info! Thanks!
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:17 am
quote : #8
idrepublix wrote:
Any links to this game and these 'movies' you mention? Not heard of it, want more info! Thanks!

Oh, dude, sure you have! It's freagin' awesome... Well, if you like shooters, that is. In case you do, check out the flyer and then the movies (in their released order -- it'll hype you up fairly efficiently):

Flyer:
http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/chaosfield_01.html

Movies:
http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/chaos_movie.html

Main Page:
http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/product.html

I've been hearing that the main catch of this one is that you may switch between two "fields," the Order Field and the Chaos Field -- The former having less enemies and fireworks, and the latter being bigger in almost every way (amped-up weapons, enemies spraying serious firepower, that sort of thing). I'm going to try to translate the second movie (the "operation explanation" one) this weekend, so that we can be a little more clear on the details (though of course it's easy to pick out some of the obvious points). I'm pretty new to next-gen shooters, but, this one looks (and sounds!) very good to me! Hopefully you're not disappointed, if you were thinking that it would be something like... oh, Headhunter or Psychic Force or anything...
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:18 am
quote : #9
Just wanna tell you that this petition within its third day has now been signed by 366 subscribers:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?sammydc&1

Max aka Freeze of Dreamcast Scene still takes your contributions to the paper petition he runs and will send them to SAMMY!

Here's the link:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/sites.php?nav=3&id=7

Just print it out, sign it or you can set up your own little petition and pass them over to Max:

Quote:
Post contact

Dreamcast-Scene
Zeilerbergstrasse 52
85405 Nandlstadt
Germany / Europe

Mail contact

info (at) dreamcast-scene (dot) com

...and/or drop SAMMY online a few lines about our 2nd little NeoGeo ;D with this contact form

I've got reply from André Oliveira as I send him a new text for his petition based of az_bonts suggestion and a little additions I wrote:

Quote:
Hi Chris,

I'm working to change the petition text...
Well, i'm portuguese and my native language is not the english... but i know
recognize my errors and off course i'll change the petition text....

There's no login or something to the petition site so there's no option to
change the text..... so i'll contact the owner of the site to change text i
f
it's possible...

sorry my bad english and thanks for the suport.

it's a good cause to the dreamcast all-world community Smile

...and from SAMMY as I send them the request quoted in my second post in this thread:

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry about our product.

It is not scheduled to convert ATOMISWAVE titles into DREAMCAST at this moment. We will make good use of your idea in our future development.

Thank you.

Sammy Corporation
public relations dept.
23-2, Higashi-ikebukuro, 2-chome, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 170-8436, Japan
E-mail$B!'(Bsammy@info.mail.sammy.co.jp$B!!(B
URL http://www.sammy.co.jp
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:39 am
quote : #10
Hi Chris,

I'm André Oliveira, firstly, i d'like to thank you the suport that you been doing to this cause. Very Happy

well, that e-mail from Sammy is not bad Very Happy

seems they are open to sugests....

So..... let's suport this cause and gain it!!!

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:49 am
quote : #11
i got the exact same reply from sammy. i guess the fact they actually replyed is somthing.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:35 pm
quote : #12
@ André: Yes, it sounds very good. Cool Let's see if we can get the petition text changed and join forces with Max from www.dreamcast-scene.com so we can send them two seperate online-petitions with all the subscribers he had and yours too.
He also is still interested in "paper" petitions as they are much more interesting for the Japanese developers! So let's start to print out your own little petition and send them to Max at Dreamcast-Scene (adress see my post above).

He had done another petition for Border Down that way ("paper") and it had success.
It's much more impressive if you send them a huge package containing 1000 subsibers that come into your boreau as some online-petition alone Wink

Anyway: Have you noticed how many ppl already subscribed in just two days?

A friend of mine posted it at his Polish Dreamcast website too. And the French ones are really active too! I've seen Mexican and Brazil subscribers as well as ppl from Switzerland!

It looks really not bad... Very Happy

Chris
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:44 pm
quote : #13
Hi Chris, in fact i have the ideia of the paper petition too...

well, we here in portugal can get a lot of signatures in paper then send it by air mail or something to Max in Germany and then he put his signatures too and send it together to sammy japan..... i think everyone can do that......

every person can collect signatures and send to Max.... everyone in every country...

than he send it to Sammy japan....

what do you think?

yeahh it's true, a lot of people have been signing the petition.... it's in 503 right now and one thing it's true... sammy change his attitude.... probably they knew about the petition...

their e-mails are getting better... but we can't give up.... we must still try until we play the games in our consoles.....

good work Chris and thanks again.

Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:03 pm
quote : #14
Yeah, Max already has 300+ subscribers for the 'paper'-petition Cool

I'll see that I'll come up with a few by me and my friends too and send them all to him.

Very Happy ..and Max has a Japanese translator for writing a mail that will come with all our subsribed papers Exclamation

Chris

Posted Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:32 pm:

---
The Atomiswave is pretty comparable to NAOMI 2 so it has more RAM and stuff, but it should be very easy to do a decent port to DC:

Atomiswave specs:
Quote:
CPU : Hitachi SH-4 64-bit RISC CPU (200 MHz 360 MIPS / 1.4 GFLOPS)
Graphic Engine : PowerVR 2 (PVR2DC)
Sound Engine : ARM7 Yamaha AICA 45 MHZ (with internal 32-bit RISC CPU, 64 channel ADPCM)
Main RAM : 32 megs
Main Memory : 16 MByte
Graphic Memory : 16 MByte
Sound Memory : 8 MByte

DC specs:
Quote:
16 MB main operating RAM
8 MB video RAM (VRAM)
2 MB sound RAM 128KB Flash RAM

= adds to 24 MB MAIN RAM (excluding sound)

32 > 24 = The rest actually is identical Cool

Easy as hell to convert that down!

Yes, the games look damn great! I'd really like to buy Dolphin Blue and Guilty Gear Isuka (both by SAMMY itself) for DC - if it would be possible

For SNK it's something like the official NEOGEO 2 and beside that SEGA and SAMMY are like one company now:

So why not giving it a try?

MVS 2 = Atomiswave (and that's offical!)

AES 2 = Dreamcast?

11 Million sold DCs holds a lot more interested ppl to buy these games so the price will be much under the price of a NeoGeo1 game! It was sold 1 Million times in 11 years and the production of a 56 MegaByte Cartridge is much more expensive than to press a few thousand GDs or CDs.

Production costs for 500 CDROMs = 500 Dollar

The games for NeoGeoCD had to be modified so they could run on the CD without special custom chips they used for some games within the cartridges. Also the NeoGeoCD had not enough RAM to read the complete GFX in so it need to be downgraded within the later CD releases.

---

I got reply from André, the author of the petition about changing the petition text:

Quote:
I did not get the reply of "petition on-line". but i'll wait some
hours and if i don't get a reply, i send the mail again.

We will wait and join forces with MAX aka Freeze from
Dreamcast-Scene.com as he has contact to a JAPANESE translator so he
can do a real good letter a huge package of 'real' subscribers ( = 'paper' petition ) for it!

A Dreamcast-Scene relaunch is planned in three or four weeks and ALL the petitions will be collected over there to send them as a printed paper petition to SEGA-SAMMY Co. in ONE huge package:

Razz (by MaxiDCGamer - now sent to www.dreamcast-scene.com)

I think SAMMY will think of it and is almost forced to change their mind when they see how many people from all over the world do sign a paper petition too, do
organize a letter in JAPANESE (Max of Dreamcast-Scene.com will do it), draw pictures and send this stuff together with the printed online petition to SEGA-SAMMY in ONE huge package Cool

Chris
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #15
Well more power to you Chris and thats dope that you actually got a response from them atleast.