Topic: Grandia 2

Page 1 of 2
BlueCup2005-M.D.
banned!
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Whats this game like? Does it have good replay value? Im asking this here because this is an rpg game also, i figure someone here has played it

"One Death Is A Tragedy, A Thousand Deaths Is A Statistic." -Joseph Stailn-
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 pm
quote : #2
Great Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #3
it;s a very good game and very original. i got it not to long ago, and i'm only about half way though, but it is very good so far, and prbabl will get better.

the reason i waited so long to ge tit is becaus ei'm not a big fan of the turn-based rpg's similar to Final Fantasy. I hesistated, and got it, and was vwery surpirsed how GREAT it is. the battle style hardly relates to FInal Fantasy, thoguh it is turn based it is not borning at all. and if you like final fantasy type games, then you'll LOVE this one. it great for anybody tat likes any typre of RPG

the story line is also VERY good, pay attension to it. as for replay value... i wouldn't think it is a game you put in after a day or so after you finish, but it's definatly a game i'll be playing gain sometime after i beat it, much like shenmue and shining force.

it's definatly worth getting. BUY!! Very Happy

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:48 pm
quote : #4
very good game, i've beat it once like 5 or 6 months ago now i'm back to beat it once more. its in the top 5 rpg's for dreamcast so i definitely recommend it to any rpg lover out there.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:26 pm
quote : #5
Tell me, is it simmalar to zelda OoT? And whats shenmu like? Ive heard good about them. I just recently got my DC and i got a few games for it too, but i want more, i got Soul calibur, Demolition Racer: No exit, PSO Version 2, Crazy Taxi, Quake 3: Arena, Toy Commander, NFL2K1( im not into sport games though) and i got some demos too. I want Slave Zreo, Zombie Revenge, Gauntlet Legends, Dead or Alive 2, Bangai-O, and Gun bird 2. There are some others i want but cant remember.....Any suggestions?

"One Death Is A Tragedy, A Thousand Deaths Is A Statistic." -Joseph Stailn-
-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:54 pm
quote : #6
i definatley recommend getting shenmue its one of the best games out there. Grandia 2 is another very good game, its not like zelda the fighting is final fantasy style.
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:56 am
quote : #7
Shenmue 1 and 2 are essentials to the DC library. Playing them is an experience that can't be found in the other present consoles except the xbox (which has the bastardised version of Shenmue 2).

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:58 am
quote : #8
and if youre into shooting games that much you may also want to pick up a copy of ikaruga for dc.

Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:52 am
quote : #9
daworm wrote:
Shenmue 1 and 2 are essentials to the DC library. Playing them is an experience that can't be found in the other present consoles except the xbox (which has the bastardised version of Shenmue 2).

If I may ask....

why is Shenmue II on the xbox bastardized? I never got around to getting a copy for my dreamcast, so I am unaware of the differences.

I played Shenmue 1 on the DC and beat it within a week of it coming out. I then spent a great deal of time avoiding ANY internet discussion of Shenmue 2 until I got my xbox version, as I wanted nothing spoiled for me.

I plan on going back and getting the DC version now, but could you fill me in on the differences?

Goshikyu
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:14 pm
quote : #10
Get Skies of Arcadia!!!
very fun rpg. Grandia 2 is good too, but Skies is way better!
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
I actually would say Grandia 2 is better than skies. I only say this for a couple of reasons... Skies was a bit too light hearted for me. I mean sure, it had it's 'darker' moments, but what RPG doesn't? The majority of the game (when I was playing it) made me feel like I had nothing to fear, and that everything was going to work out in the end for vyse and the crew... But when it comes to G2, I had no idea what to expect. Sure, G2's story is rather cookie-cutter, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. G2's characters are very lovable and you really become attached to them, as oppossed to skies... I mean... come on..... drachma. no one cares about him... .... ... at all. The soundtrack in G2 was amazing as well... it was very very orchestrated whereas skies felt like I was listening to a midi everytime I entered a town. Also, G2'S battling system... yeah. nothing beats it. Honestly, no other games has ever even come close to having a battling system as intricate, complex, yet so fun and easy at the same time. I mean, I would go through dungeons and go out of my way and look for enenmies to fight because I loved battling, and I loved developing my characters and getting them better eggs and building their skills. Another thing about G2 that is so impressive... is it a ginuinely funny game. Like, Ryudo was the most sarcastic main character I've ever seen... I can truthfully say that G2 was the first game to actually make me laugh outloud for a long length of time. But, again, the game wasn't all humor... as I said it was pretty dark at times and very serious, and it expressed some serious situations and views on religion and things of that nature. Which I guess brings me to my last statement. G2 just had a blend of everything. A blend that worked on top of that. Such as the story, it had it's moments when it was funny, bu8t it never crossed that line where you were li9ke "my god... this game never takes itself seriously," because trust me, there will be plenty of times where you will just be in awe as to what's happening... So that's all i have to say. Also, if it helps, Grandia 2 is my second favorite RPG. and I have 19 RPG's completed to my name. So I've finished a lot of RPG's and have not finished a little more than half of the number I've beaten. So, I think that may stand for soemthing. I don't know though. heh. Wink

Grandia 2 > Skies
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:17 pm
quote : #12
Gotta disagree on this one.

Skies > Grandia 2

Having said that, it doesn't matter because you should just buy them both! Smile

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:23 pm
quote : #13
grandia 2 is awesome, better graphics imo than skies, for example the magic attacks you unlock become incredible fmv extravaganzaas and the scenary and fmv cut scenes are excellent and while it doesnt have quite as good a story and not quite as many features like flying the ship and getting a huge crew, making your own island and going on adventures for your self to find discoveries, it is definately a 5 star rpg that i would play all the way thru again any day of the week, given the time that is. skies just gets ahead cos its just so damn huge and genius. anywho i also really love elemental gimmick gear
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #14
i loved both of them, its just my opinion i think skies is funner, but grandia 2 had a much better storyline. in skies i liked how you had your own airship, and an island, the game is very original. if i had to choose, i would choose skies of arcadia. you should just play them both.
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:21 pm
quote : #15
Get Timestalkers. It's a good game in my opinion and I think that it rivals both Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia, although i really liked superpowering my skills on Grandia 2. It's not only a good game. Also, there are a lot of mini games to be had to play on your VMU. Almost any game that puts the VMU to use besides just for saving is a good game I think.