Topic: Starlancer Connections

Page 1 of 1
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok this is really wierd... When I try to join a Starlancer game with a European, it doesn't work. We show up at the right time and I don't see his game. Is this because he uses a PAL disc?
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #2
It can be that that gamer booted in 50 Hz. In that case you probably can't synch with him.
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:47 am
quote : #3
ok, what does that mean exactly?
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:56 am
quote : #4
how'd you find a european starlancer? if you're that good at looking for stuff, why not get a US Starlancer?
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:42 pm
quote : #5
no i have an american starlancer, the other guy has a european version, or PAL. I want to know if we can play online.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:04 pm
quote : #6
Chile wrote:
Pingu wrote:
It can be that that gamer booted in 50 Hz. In that case you probably can't synch with him.

ok, what does that mean exactly?

Some European games have an option that switches betweeen 50 Hz and 60 Hz when they start a game. A "Hz" is basically a "times per second," so 50 Hz means that it does whatever it does 50 times every second. In this case, we're talking about "refreshing the screen."

If two people tried to play a game and their systems were refreshing the screen at different rates, there might be some problems.

So, if a gamer boots up in 50 Hz mode (PAL standard, but some PAL games have the option to boot in either "50 Hz" or "60 Hz" mode), it is possible that they might have problems connecting with someone who is running at 60 Hz (NTSC standard).

I don't know any specifics about the PAL version of StarLancer, but if the person you are trying to play with has booted in 50 Hz mode (when they should have booted in 60 Hz mode), that might be the problem.
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am in America with the NTSC version and I play with people from the UK every week. I can only assume that they have the PAL version, I can ask next time I see them. I think all versions of Starlancer can play together as I've seen people from Brazil, France, Italy...all over the world.