Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well, I got Unreal Tournament here, and it wont boot. The disc is in great condition, only minor scratches here and there, and boots fine on other peoples DC's, but it wont boot on mine. It just comes to the main Dreamcast screen, does the little swirly thing, then just STOPS there.

Wat is worng? Wat should i do?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:26 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Try cleaning the lens with a Q-tip. If that doesn't work, might as well pick up another Dreamcast. Confused

-Mytho

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:28 am
quote : #3
TheMytho wrote:
Try cleaning the lens with a Q-tip. If that doesn't work, might as well pick up another Dreamcast. Confused

-Mytho

....and send me your old one!
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:39 am
quote : #4
I would hold off on getting a new DC just yet - I found Unreal Tournament to be a little sketchy too.

Mine had just a few scratches on it, far less than on many used discs I've purchased, yet it too would freeze while loading. Mine got in a little further than yours, and it would freeze while the boar was breaking through the screen. Anyway, I had to run the disc through disc doctor twice to get it to work correctly.

I normally have no problems booting discs on my Dreamcast, but my Unreal Tournament disc has gone through episodes like this a couple of times now. I would suggest trying Disc Doctor, or if that doesn't work, picking up another copy of Unreal Tournament.

Unless you're having trouble booting multiple titles, I doubt it's your Dreamcast that you need to worry about.

Good luck!

How are my little crackers doing today?
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:02 am
quote : #5
Yea, the only disc i have trouble with is Unreal Tournament.

PS ive used my DiscDoctor 4 times now, and it still doesnt work.

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:49 pm
quote : #6
It's probablly the Dreamcast...

I had this problem with one of my Dreamcasts's... it would boot some games, inlcluding backups, but would not boot games like NFL 2k2 or World Series Baseball 2k1.
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:20 pm
quote : #7
seriously.... ive had problems with my ut. probably a design flaw. i usually just shut it down and try again and itll get it.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:57 am
quote : #8
Yea, right now, I'm hoping its the CD. Old reliable's never crapped out on me yet, and I'm just wishin I dont have to replace it just to play UT.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:00 am
quote : #9
it's probably just Unreal Tournament. my UT GD-ROM isn't that scratched up, but the graphics will screw up every once in a while when you're playing and sometimes mine will lock up. that, plus everybody else seems to have problems with their UT GD
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:24 am
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
it's probably just Unreal Tournament. my UT GD-ROM isn't that scratched up, but the graphics will screw up every once in a while when you're playing and sometimes mine will lock up. that, plus everybody else seems to have problems with their UT GD

That's odd, because I've never had any problems with my copy of UT. Confused

-Mytho

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:37 am
quote : #11
Type: Pal
Your location says over there?, if you mean the UK like me then this may help. Unreal tournament original or an exact copy of the original isnt compatible with a scart connection to your tv. You will have to get out your old RF cable Im afraid. I had an original Unreal and booting it with utopia it would always freeze on around 89% loaded on scart but would work perfect with RF. I now have a back up that is modded to work with scart.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:24 am
quote : #12
Lol, blast. Im in the USA. Mine is NTSC just like my hardware.

I just tried something i never did before. It wont boot normally no matter what, but when I put my Codebreaker disc in there, then start it from Codebreaker, it works.

Great, now my Codebreaker has 2 uses, PSO, and as a boot disc Razz