Topic: 4X4 Evo Questions

Page 1 of 1
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:39 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Finally got 4X4 Evo for DC this week. Bad news is it won't load on one of my DCs for some reason. Good news is I have others that it will load on. Anyway, got a couple of questions about online play.

Does everyone online use fully tricked out trucks or could I use my career mode truck which I just started to modify and still compete online? Also, anyone up for a "newbie" game sometime this week? Smile

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:18 pm
quote : #2
M1Savage wrote:
Finally got 4X4 Evo for DC this week. Bad news is it won't load on one of my DCs for some reason. Good news is I have others that it will load on. Anyway, got a couple of questions about online play.

Does everyone online use fully tricked out trucks or could I use my career mode truck which I just started to modify and still compete online? Also, anyone up for a "newbie" game sometime this week? Smile

yes most of the pc user's have special trucks with show up as X instead C, its unfortunite that dreamcast user cant use them. but we can use custom made maps which ya hae to download from different sites that the dc is compatible with. oh and im not a newbie but if ya wanna start a online game up for dc user's, just post it on the online schedule here. well i might cya there later on today, my time is GMT -5.

Last edited by Tappro on Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:19 pm
quote : #3
You can use your career truck online, but there is also a stockpile of preset trucks to choose from, separated into three classes. Most of the time I play online, we all agree to use the same exact truck, so that skill is the only factor. :] I think it is especially important in King of the Hill matches, so that someone doesn't bust out the custom, big fuck-off Excursion with 16-inch lift kit, 40-inch tires, and grill guard to send you flying into oblivion.
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:09 pm
quote : #4
Cool, we're all in the same time zone. Only times I'd have this week would be Wed. or Fri. nights. How many people can play at one time in a game online? 4? Seems that picking the same vehicle or at least the same class of vehicle would be the way to go. Guess that can be decided before playing in the gamespy chatroom?

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:32 pm
quote : #5
I'll join one sometime, just say when Smile

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:39 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
lanzarlaluna wrote:
You can use your career truck online, but there is also a stockpile of preset trucks to choose from, separated into three classes. Most of the time I play online, we all agree to use the same exact truck, so that skill is the only factor. :] I think it is especially important in King of the Hill matches, so that someone doesn't bust out the custom, big fuck-off Excursion with 16-inch lift kit, 40-inch tires, and grill guard to send you flying into oblivion.

I glad people have this much sense Smile almost makes e think about trying this online again. A few of the things that put me off were I couldent be arsed to do a carrer mode offline so thought my truck would be poo online. Also when I was on I never saw any DC users only PC users and they always wana bloody drag, gets on my dam nerves.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:33 pm
quote : #7
Still got many questions about online play with this so I'll mess around with it some more and will try to plan a game either this weekend or next week.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:42 pm
quote : #8
to further answer the trucks things, almost all PC User are using some downloaded trucks that are riduculously good and basically no way to even compete with them. If you find a rare PC user that is actually using a regular truck they still seem to be better somehow, but at very rare time you'll get a good race with them.

Your career mode truck will do you fine for playing with the DC users and you'll have tons of fun Very Happy this is one of my favorite DC Online games, and since i got an working ISP i've ben having fun with it. Hope to play with you sometime, Brock too Very Happy

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:19 pm
quote : #9
u can adjust the settings of the truck so it has worse acceleration but it has a faster top speed.. maybe thats how the same truck was faster chris

I will try and show up for any 4x4evo games put on the schedule.. as long as it doesnt clash with F355 i will be there Very Happy

come on folks.. get your games on the schedule! Wink
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.