Topic: maracas

Page 2 of 2
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:11 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Quick! I just spotted this "Buy it Now" auction for official Sega Maracas on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41054&item=8117196523&rd=1

I already have some, so if you want them, act fast!

How are my little crackers doing today?
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:51 pm
quote : #17
Holy crap that's cheap... but meh, i'd rather get 3rd party ones for a way cheaper price.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:39 am
quote : #18
Has anyone here been able to test out both the Cha Cha type and the Official type maracas?

Do the Official ones work more accurately? As fun as the Cha Cha type is, I've had quite a few sensor errors that costs me many a Rank A, inspite of a 95% plus accuracy.

And the mat looks like a good idea... I often accidently flip the sensors over with tangled cords or pop them out... With a mat thing that don't look possible.

Uno more question:
Often on E-Bay, I see Dreamcast Dance Mats. Are there Dreamcast dance games?
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #19
A friend of mine has a couple of sets of the original Samba maracas, and his have worked flawlessly since he bought them three years ago. I really cannot see Sega releasing a spotty controller, so it's probably the best way to go. I haven't checked today, but those controllers were probably snatched up quickly. I haven't seen Sega brand maracas sold for anywhere around that price for a long, long time. Usually, they seem to go for about double that price.

As for the dancing game question, the answer is yes, there are several versions of the Dance Dance Revolution games available on Dreamcast. I own two sets of dancing pads, and also a couple of the DDR games, and they are a total kick in the pants at parties - much like Samba de Amigo. I bought both games for exactly that reason - parties.

Original Konami pads are very hard to come by these days. If you find them, they're usually quite expensive. I think Toysnjoys.com still has some listed at $99. There are several third party examples of dance mats available for Dreamcast. Be careful with some of the third-party soft mats though. That same friend of mine burned out a control port on one of his DCs with a third-party pad. It had been folded for a while, and that caused one of the internal pad switches to stick in the on position. He ended up having to replace his controller port.

I have two soft third-party pads that I purchased from www.levelsix.com a couple of years ago, and they work great. As a precaution, I make sure to lay them out flat for a while before using them. I've never had a problem with them. Unfortunately, I have no idea who makes them, but I do know they came from Hong Kong. The Engrish on the boxes was pretty bad.

How are my little crackers doing today?
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:24 am
quote : #20
Yep, the maracas are gone. Shame I didn't see this thread earlier 'cause I would've bought em for that price. I keep hoping to find some at a pawn shop or something.

Bristecom
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:37 pm
quote : #21
MasterChief wrote:
is your store in chicago?
No, it's in Indiana. There are three in Fort Wayne, two down south, and one in Indianapolis. I work at the one in Indianapolis. Wink